The Commuter (2018)
August 7, 2018 7:42 AM - Subscribe

I went and saw this movie in theaters several months back. Liam Neeson Punching People is one of my favorite genres, and this one mostly delivers.

Is it a good movie, strictly speaking, as far as movies go? No. But I'd put it in the top 5 of Liam Neeson Punching People movies, probably.

I looked up on my facebook to see what I thought about it after seeing it, and this is what I said: "I rate the new Liam Neeson Punching People Movie 3.5 out of 5 Albanian sex traffickers." I think, looking back on it now, I have a 4/5 Albanian sex trafficker memory of it.

Definitely going to need to rewatch this now that it's out on DVD. Maybe this weekend. Liam Neeson does a good punch.
posted by phunniemee at 8:36 AM on August 7 [2 favorites]

This movie has a huge amount happen, and then you look at your watch and there's still an hour of movie to go. I guess that makes it better, in the way you get more bang for your buck, but it's also exhausting that way. Neeson takes a lot of hits in that first half that would have him crippled in the second, but of course he's practically tap dancing at the end of the film. (Actually a dance number at the end right before the credits would add a couple of stars to it's rating.)
posted by Catblack at 9:13 AM on August 7

There was an interview that claimed that if they'd filmed where the story was actually set, it would have been about a minute from Neeson's house upstate. He joked that he was actually a little bummed out that filming took place on a London soundstage.
posted by EmpressCallipygos at 7:58 AM on August 9

Huh, that was ok.
Like, not actually good, but not in any way bad.

Nice to see Clem Fandango getting film work.
posted by Just this guy, y'know at 3:27 PM on December 3

« Older Better Call Saul: Smoke...   |  Movie: Apostasy... Newer »

You are not logged in, either login or create an account to post comments

poster