Dash & Lily: Dash & Lily - Season 1   Books Included 
November 12, 2020 10:38 AM - Season 1 (Full Season) - Subscribe

(I haven't read the book/books, but I figure with it being a YA-genre rom-com spoilers aren't really going to be much of a concern.)

I don't know how much I would have liked this show if it had been released last Christmas season; watching it now it's loaded with such nostalgia for pre-pandemic NYC that I can't really judge it on its own merits. I'm not a Walking Dead fan, so I didn't find Abrams particularly compelling. But I enjoyed the rest of the cast, and the snapshot of fairytale NYC, so, thumbs up.
posted by oh yeah! at 10:53 AM on November 12

I haven’t seen this yet, but I love that streamers are starting to release adaptations as a self-contained season of episodes, instead of as a single overstuffed movie.

Last year’s Netflix YA Christmas special Let It Snow absolutely would’ve benefited from this approach, especially since it was already based on a short story anthology. And most of the issues I had with Ebola Holmes’ pacing would’ve gone away if it had been eight episodes instead of a film.

I also just personally love the idea of a standalone Christmas TV show.

Anyway, I’m really excited to start this over the weekend!
posted by Ian A.T. at 5:20 AM on November 13

(“Ebola Holmes” was an autocorrect failure, I’m not auditioning for Mad magazine...)
posted by Ian A.T. at 5:32 AM on November 13 [4 favorites]

I just finished it and thought it was rather charming.
posted by gaspode at 12:21 PM on November 13

I've been trying to find out who Ms. Basil E's character (not the actress) reminds me of.

The show itself was fun and pretty well done.
posted by kurumi at 7:59 PM on November 20

« Older Star Trek: Discovery: Die Tryi...   |  Movie: Rewind... Newer »

You are not logged in, either login or create an account to post comments