Critical Role: The Neverending Day
February 15, 2021 3:33 PM - Season 2, Episode 125 - Subscribe

Having escaped the frozen fields of Eiselcross, the Mighty Nein search for allies and assets to help them in their fight against the nine eyes...
posted by nubs (4 comments total)

Kima! Allura!

I totally get the reasoning (within and outside of game) to have Kima not join the Nein, but I have to admit, I was definitely hoping for it.
posted by dinty_moore at 3:38 PM on February 16

A nice mood break for both the players and the audience; they needed a chance to get away from what seemed to be the impending doom they felt while travelling with Lucien.

Lots here - Kima & Allura; shiny new items; backstory for Beau; Veth using halfling luck; dreams for half the party (and maybe more eyes).

Date night cometh, and the ninja cats prepare.
posted by nubs at 1:30 PM on February 18

Veth using halfling luck

TBH, that was more Sam using halfling luck to (successfully) fuck with the group.
posted by coriolisdave at 6:56 PM on February 20

I mean, that was a great payoff - if he was going to use halfling luck once for maximum fuckery, that would be the time.

I think Sam was hoping for a more dramatic ending to the curse - he could have died from a heal! Sam's the player most likely to like a fail as much as a success so long as it can be an interesting one. But also, Veth being cursed through the entire Eiselcross arc and nobody really noticing because, like, who hasn't been cursed and Veth has always been a little weird was kind of hilarious in retrospect.

I did like the stop for breath in this episode, but I thought that Matt reminding the players that they're still on a timeline through those dreams was a nice touch. Another (probable) eye! I really thought they were done with eye dreams unless they chose to go forward. . .
posted by dinty_moore at 7:07 PM on February 20

« Older The Head: Entire Series...   |  Book: Wintering: The Power of ... Newer »

You are not logged in, either login or create an account to post comments