Yellowjackets: Pilot
November 15, 2021 8:12 AM - Season 1, Episode 1 - Subscribe

On the eve of a fateful flight, a championship high school girls soccer team celebrates by betraying one another. 25 years later, the survivors do their best imitations of well-adjusted people. Season premiere.

description via IMDB
posted by everybody had matching towels (5 comments total)

I watched the pilot last night - I think this is too grim for me, especially as the last show I'd watch on a Sunday night. (Obviously, I could just save the recording and make it the first thing I watch on some other day and follow it up with something lighter, but, I don't know, I think this one just isn't for me.)
posted by oh yeah! at 5:38 PM on November 15, 2021

Karyn Kusama was such an inspired choice to direct this pilot.
posted by DirtyOldTown at 11:04 AM on December 3, 2021

Fantastic pilot (heh, pilot). I had heard great things about the show, but even if I hadn't, this would have hooked me from the start. I can see how it might be too grim, but I've been watching a lot of Bake Off and Ted Lasso over the holidays, so I'm ready for something like this.
posted by Rock Steady at 12:37 PM on January 10

That's the best pilot episode I've seen in a long time. I'm intrigued and will be giving it a watch. As someone who's very, very bad at recognizing faces, I appreciate that they're making an effort to clearly communicate who is who when they're linking the flashbacks and present day.
posted by LegallyBread at 7:39 AM on January 21

« Older Supernatural: Captives...   |  Star Trek: The Next Generation... Newer »

You are not logged in, either login or create an account to post comments