Hacks: Hacks - Season 2
May 13, 2022 11:16 AM - Season 2 (Full Season) - Subscribe

The dark mentorship between legendary Las Vegas comedian Deborah Vance (Jean Smart) and her young, entitled writer Ava (Hannah Einbinder) continues to evolve as the two travel across the country workshopping Deborah’s new stand-up act.
posted by thecaddy (4 comments total) 2 users marked this as a favorite

The first two episodes are out on HBO Max now - apparently they will be released two per week.

I am enjoying this so much so far - I love the road trip aspect of this, and the chemistry between the two leads manages to be even more dynamic than in season one.
posted by simonw at 8:26 PM on May 14 [3 favorites]

First episode reaction: oh for fuck's sake just tell her ava you're going to get an ulcer

Also, I was absofuckinglutely certain that the result of Deborah's pep talk was going to be her son-in-law getting literally murdered in the next round.
posted by Etrigan at 9:29 AM on May 16 [4 favorites]

I'm a latecomer -- only watched season 1 over the last couple of days -- but wow, I'm in love. I especially appreciate their willingness to let every character be awful from time to time. So, so human.
posted by BlahLaLa at 3:38 PM on May 21

Can we talk about the cruise episode? Their discussion while Deborah is fixing Ava's manicure (holy intricate rituals, Batman)...so much of season one was about how Deborah had to contort herself in order to succeed within patriarchy, and now this tender conversation about how that has also structured her experience of her own sexuality...whew.
posted by icebergs at 4:25 PM on May 22 [1 favorite]

« Older Book: Badasstronauts...   |  Movie: Firestarter... Newer »

You are not logged in, either login or create an account to post comments

poster