The Amazing Race: Where My Dogs At
October 10, 2015 1:02 PM - Season 27, Episode 3 - Subscribe

9 teams travel within Argentina on leg number 3 in a race around the world.

This episode featured Phil popping in to live-commentate the race, a pulled hamstring, polo horses, "God’s plan" for individual contestants, another challenge with limited slots, cool ways of cooking meat, multiple detail-oriented challenges, hubris, pickup trucks, the express pass offered as a bribe to U-Turn Justin/Diana, a meat-licking dog (lots of dogs!), carriages, contestants not reading the clue completely, forgotten props, a 30 minute penalty, and one team is eliminated.
posted by julen (8 comments total) 1 user marked this as a favorite

I was really sad about the elimination this week; I was so rooting for a non-elimination leg!
posted by julen at 1:02 PM on October 10, 2015

That's my two favorite teams eliminated in the last two legs.
posted by DevilsAdvocate at 6:21 PM on October 10, 2015

I'm trying to decide if that area of Argentina is always full of stray dogs or if strays converged onto that town because half of the contestants smelled like raw meat.
posted by jamaro at 11:00 PM on October 10, 2015 [1 favorite]

Yeah, I'm pretty sad about the dancers. I was definitely expecting this to be a non-elimination round.

I hate Texas slightly less, despite the "I prayed and then you got it!" ridiculousness, but still loathe the Green Team and his terrible Spanish.
posted by olinerd at 4:05 AM on October 11, 2015

Justin is really performing for the camera. It seems like posturizing, like he wants to be a beloved reality star. It does not come off well to my ears (or apparently, some of the dude's he exuberantly calling "Amigo!")

I generally like all-star rounds less, but I'd be happy to see the dancers back for one of those. I hope the show leads to some opportunities for them (teaching dance, or choreographing, or SOMETHING), which is not something I often wish for reality folk.
posted by julen at 9:38 AM on October 11, 2015

The Texas guys are assholes, but a strong enough team to win the race. I would love to see them get nailed by a u-turn or make a big mistake. Justin was much more annoying this week but it feels like the producers are foreshadowing a big fall for him. Now that the dancers are out, I am not sure who to actually cheer for.
posted by briank at 1:42 PM on October 11, 2015

I like the track stars. And the paparazzi don't piss me off as much as I expected them to. (But they haven't had much focus on them yet so...)
posted by olinerd at 3:51 PM on October 11, 2015

Annoying things: People who speak Spanish in Brazil (they speak Portuguese there, dummy!).

I've been to Argentina and Uruguay and there are definitely a lot of random dogs just chilling wherever you go, but not quite in the numbers seen here.
posted by matildaben at 2:48 PM on October 13, 2015

« Older Continuum: Final Hour...   |  America's Next Top Model: The ... Newer »

You are not logged in, either login or create an account to post comments