Star Wars Rebels: Legends of the Lasat
February 4, 2016 6:42 AM - Season 2, Episode 12 - Subscribe
The crew of the Ghost discover two refugees from Zeb's ruined homeworld, Lasan. Inspired by an ancient legend, they set off on a journey to find a new home for the surviving members of Zeb's race.
- The music in this episode was inspired by the work of composer Philip Glass.
- The wise female Lasat, Chava, referred to her belief in the "Ashla." In the early story treatments for Star Wars, Lucas had given both the light and dark aspects of the Force specific names. The Light Side was Ashla and the Dark Side, Bogan. Ashla was even considered as an early name for Ahsoka Tano in The Clone Wars.
- The original working title of this episode was "Legacy of the Lasat," which was changed when an earlier episode of Season 2 ended up being called "Legacy."
- The trading outpost in this episode is Nixus Hub 281, located on the same world as the hub seen in the earlier Season 2 episode, "Brothers of the Broken Horn."
- In the script, Gron (the male Lasat) was to clarify why the Lasat were hunted by the Empire by stating, "We are living evidence of their crime on Lasan. To hide the legacy of their evil, they would wipe our kind from the galaxy forever."