Supernatural: Hell's Angel
May 3, 2016 10:59 AM - Season 11, Episode 18 - Subscribe

Crowley secures The Horn of Joshua as the next Hand of God to kill Amara. He calls the Winchesters in to discuss terms.

A well convoluted 'move the season along plot twist' episode consisting of a messy mix of double crosses and confusion about who is inside of who and which combination of bad and good tokens and arcane red graffiti will be better than the roll of the many sided, yet loaded, dice from the current big bad god.
posted by sammyo (8 comments total)

I watched this. I think I enjoyed it. But at the moment, I can't remember many of the details other than Corporate Heaven catching themselves between "crud" versus "argh."
posted by Atreides at 11:54 AM on May 3, 2016

Huh, I thought this episode was posted. Whoops! I liked this episode well enough. It was slightly confusing, true, but mostly because the writers didn't wanna show their hands.

I really wonder what else is in that book of the damned, if it has archangel trap and unsealing The Darkness level types of spells.
posted by numaner at 3:22 PM on May 3, 2016

Yeah, it's one of the minor downsides of serialized television... I remember thinking this episode was good, but it was all about advancing the larger plot and now it's only a few weeks later and the details are already pretty foggy. I still have vivid memories of the episode with the werewolves or the one where the whole thing was set inside the Impala, but this one is just one part of a larger whole.

Is this the one where we find out Rowena is alive? I was genuinely surprised by that. I'm guessing they meant to kill her for real but then realized they needed her for some plot business.
posted by Ursula Hitler at 2:50 AM on May 4, 2016

Yeah it's this one that we find out she's alive. But the way they told us that was really undramatic. Like there she was just coddling with Amara. We don't find out till a bit into the episode how she survived, which makes me think the while thing was planned. Iirc they also didn't dwell on her death, which is usually a signal that she's gonna come back.
posted by numaner at 8:57 AM on May 4, 2016

Yeah, I'd forgotten this was the Rowena's Deity Spa Treatment episode. Probably the best part concerning Rowena was her pretty much realizing how much she'd kind of F'uped and slinking away at the end.

I don't mind Satan in this season, but I really, really, just want Castiel back.
posted by Atreides at 9:05 AM on May 4, 2016

I've commented before that it always seems like we're not seeing Castiel enough. Fans say the same thing, every season. The writers must have a hard time knowing what to do with him, because fans adore the character almost as much as Dean does but he disappears from the story for long stretches and when he is around he's often got some magical disease or he's possessed or there's something else preventing him from being the Castiel we know. I'd like to see a season where Castiel could just be Castiel, dropping into the narrative as needed. I think they'd be better off coming up with reasons why Castiel can't help the brothers as much as he'd like, instead of coming up with reasons why we see less of Cas!
posted by Ursula Hitler at 8:05 PM on May 4, 2016 [2 favorites]

Ughhhhhhhhhhh, Rowena's back again? She was barely even dead and she's still awful!
posted by jenfullmoon at 7:31 AM on May 5, 2016

Incidentally, that's the opinion, I think, almost every character on the show has about her, too.
posted by Atreides at 8:29 AM on May 5, 2016 [1 favorite]

« Older SGU Stargate Universe: Darknes...   |  Podcast: Alice Isn't Dead: Par... Newer »

You are not logged in, either login or create an account to post comments