Taskmaster: New Year Treat 2022 / Basic recipe 28. Season 12, Ep 11
Greg Davies is the Taskmaster. Little Alex Horne is the Taskmaster's assistant. A special / one-off: Adrian Chiles, Claudia Winkleman, Jonnie Peacock (Alan Davies in-studio), Lady Leshurr, and Sayeeda Warsi. Available on Youtube and channel4.com.
An Interpol agent tracks the world's most wanted art thief. [more inside]
James, Anna, Andy & Historian Greg Jenner discuss forks, eggs, ants, and why American audiences can be a little too Kean. [more inside]
Meanwhile, back on Earth....
- Trump's Press Secretary Sean Spicer digs an incredible hole for himself, first appearing to claim that President Bashar al-Assad of Syria was worse than Hitler because Hitler never used chemical weapons (he did), then that Hitler never used them against innocent people (he did), then making up the term "Holocaust centers" as the place where Jews were gassed.
- Trump meets with China president Xi Jinping, who apparently in 10 minutes convinced him to do what over half the United States desperately wanted him to do for months: learn a damn thing about North Korea. Alas they did so at Trump's Mar-a-Lago, having recently been cited for 13 health code violations. Trump continues to flip-flop on practically everything related to foreign policy, underscoring how desperately stupid his campaign was.
- Trump drops a "MOAB" (Mother Of All Bombs) on Afghanistan, causing euphoric celebration at Fox News from Geraldo Rivera. When directly asked if he had authorized the strike, Trump danced around the question.
- And Now: You Put Easter And Local News Together, And What Do You Fucking Expect?
- Main Story: The upcoming French Presidental elections, between 11 different candidates, at least three of which have been assaulted in public by citizens throwing baking ingredients. YouTube (18m)
The Problem: You need the belt to see the belt. [more inside]
"The first AMT of 2015 is an absolute peach, so trot over to answermethispodcast.com/episode305 to read all about it." [more inside]