Philip K. Dick's Electric Dreams: Crazy Diamond
October 9, 2017 10:15 AM - Season 1, Episode 4 - Subscribe

Ed's life is turned upside down, and his wife Sally's worst fears come true when he meets femme fatale Jill, a synthetic being who is as beautiful as she is deadly.
posted by lmfsilva (4 comments total)

This is like JF Sebastian's future-story.
posted by rhizome at 6:27 PM on October 13

Not a lot of the original short story it's supposedly based on in this afaik
posted by fearfulsymmetry at 2:49 AM on October 15

Flicking Myth agrees on the vague connection to the short story Sales Pitch (PKD Fans page, with a summary that makes this sound like a very vague connection at best, with more connection via Easter eggs than plot structure).

On the whole, it was a fun romp, in a dystopian sort of way. I rather enjoyed the fact that Ed didn't get the ending he wanted, and there's more potential for Sally and Jane. At least he still has his record (of Hitchcock and Graham Coxon performing Octopus, which was written by Syd Barrett, apparently).
posted by filthy light thief at 12:40 PM on October 17

Is there usually much of this kind of natural overlap among PKD's stories, that he has a (at least) few themes that repeat? Not that that's the sum total, he simply writing permutations of a few animating concepts, but that plots and characters rhyme with others?
posted by rhizome at 3:28 PM on October 17

« Older Star Trek: Voyager: Waking Mom...   |  Podcast: My Brother, My Brothe... Newer »

You are not logged in, either login or create an account to post comments

poster