Mary Fiore is San Francisco's most successful supplier of romance and glamor. She knows all the tricks. She knows all the rules. But then she breaks the most important rule of all: she falls in love with the groom. [more inside]
Hotshot television anchorman Ron Burgundy (Will Ferrell) welcomes upstart reporter Veronica Corningstone (Christina Applegate) into the male-dominated world of 1970s broadcast news -- that is, until the talented female journalist begins to outshine Burgundy on air. Soon he grows jealous, begins a bitter feud with Veronica and eventually makes a vulgar slip on live TV that ruins his career. However, when an outrageous story breaks at the San Diego Zoo, Ron may get a chance to redeem himself. [more inside]
C. D. Bales, the witty local fire chief, falls for astronomer Roxanne Kowalski. But Roxanne is more interested in the conventionally attractive Chris McConnel. C.D. believing Roxanne could never fall for him because of his appearance agrees to help Chris woo Roxanne. [more inside]
Salem's Lot: 1979 TV Miniseries Season 0, Ep 0
Writer Ben Mears (David Soul) returns to his hometown to write a book about the supposedly haunted Marsten House, but finds someone else has bought the long-empty property. When townspeople start dying mysteriously, Mears discovers the owner of the mansion is a vampire turning them into an army of undead slaves. Based on the Stephen King novel and directed by Tobe Hooper (The Texas Chain Saw Massacre). [more inside]
The tension is palpable, the excitement is mounting and the heady scent of competition is in the air as hundreds of eager contestants from across America prepare to take part in what is undoubtedly one of the greatest events of their lives -- the Mayflower Dog Show. The canine contestants and their owners are as wondrously diverse as the great country that has bred them. [more inside]
Mockumentary captures the reunion of 1960s folk trio the Folksmen as they prepare for a show at The Town Hall to memorialize a recently deceased concert promoter. [more inside]
In the distant future, a small waste-collecting robot inadvertently embarks on a space journey that will ultimately decide the fate of mankind. [more inside]
Space Force: Season 1 - all episodes Season 1, Ep 0
A four-star general begrudgingly teams up with an eccentric scientist to get the U.S. military's newest agency — Space Force — ready for lift-off. Starring: Steve Carell, John Malkovich, Ben Schwartz. Creators: Steve Carell, Greg Daniels. (Netflix) [more inside]
Last Week Tonight with John Oliver: Guardianship for the Elderly Season 5, Ep 13
- The summit with North Korea is called off. North Korea sends Trump a message in an oversized envelope. Trump calls the summit back on. Trump admits he hadn't read the contents of the envelope. Leader of the greatest nation in the world, folks.
- Russian journalist Arkady Babchenko is declared to be dead on worldwide news, but then discovered to be alive, his faked death an element in a sting to catch a group of Russian assassins.
- In the UK, the chairman of the British Monarchists Society, one "Thomas J. Mace-Archer-Mills, Esq.," a fixture on TV during the royal wedding, is revealed to actually to have been born and lived to his teens in the US, and even got an unrelated elderly British couple to call themselves his grandparents.
- And Now: The Very British Put-Downs of Speaker of the House of Commons John Bercow.
- Main story: Legal guardianship, a state under which senior citizens can be put where they have limited rights, and can find it difficult to get out of.
An aspiring director and the marginally talented amateur cast of a hokey small-town Missouri musical production go overboard when they learn that someone from Broadway will be in attendance. [more inside]
Dusty (Dane Cook), the famous racing airplane, learns that his engine is damaged, so he must shift gears and find a new career. He joins an elite corps of firefighting aircraft devoted to protecting historic Piston Peak National Park. When a massive wildfire threatens the park, Dusty -- with the help of his fearless colleagues Blade Ranger (Ed Harris), Lil' Dipper (Julie Bowen), Windlifter (Wes Studi), Cabbie (Dale Dye) and the Smokejumpers (Regina King, Danny Pardo, Bryan Callen, Corri English) -- learns what it takes to become a real hero. [more inside]
Spinal Tap, one of England's loudest bands, is chronicled by film director Marty DeBergi on what proves to be a fateful tour. [more inside]
Three teens discover that their neighbor's house is really a living, breathing, scary monster. [more inside]