The last few years of cryptocurrency/web3/NFT mania, with appearances by most of the major players, by Zeke Faux. [more inside]
Last Week Tonight with John Oliver: Cryptocurrencies Again Season 10, Ep 9
This week.... Scotty Campbell, one of the Tennessee lawmakers who voted to expel two of his Democratic colleges for protesting against gun violence, was revealed himself to have sexually harassed at least one intern, and resigned his seat. The right flips out over an Instagram influencer promoting Bud Light because she was a trans woman. Main story: Cryptocurrency again, a look at three of the biggest collapses of recent months: Terra, Celsius and FTX. On Youtube (24 minutes). And Now: A Look At A Few More Of Jim Cramer's Great Calls. [more inside]
Silicon Valley: Initial Coin Offering Season 5, Ep 7
Pied Piper inches towards securing their Series B funding. Gilfoyle suggest a risky proposition. Dinesh gets competitive with a co-worker. Richard receives unsettling news.
* it's complicated --- Samatha Bee and her staff visits Puerto Rico to show how recovery efforts are going, and how much support they still need in this one hour long special. Playlist on YouTube, which has most of the episode and some fun teasers. [more inside]
Last Week Tonight with John Oliver: Cyptocurrencies Season 5, Ep 4
- President Trump suddenly agrees to meet with North Korean leader Kim Jung Un, reversing decades of precedent on a whim.
- International Women's Day, "that one special day for half the population of Earth. Knock yourselves out, three-and-a-half billion people!" A roundup of disturbing and disgusting responses from across the media, finishing with Vladimir Putin.
- And Now: An MSNBC Guest, Brought On To Discuss Gary Cohn's Departure, Can't Get Over The "Bachelor" Finale.
- Main Story: Cryptocurrencies, "Everything you don't understand about money combined with everything you don't understand about computers." In a field fulled with ridiculous terms like HODL and LAMBO, LWT invited an inspirational speaker (Keegan Michael Key) to promote their new way of dealing with cryptocurrencies, responsibility: "Instead of being HODL, you have to be CRAEFUL!"
Writer Jia Tolentino has a new case for Super Tech Support: where are all those bitcoin she bought six years ago?