Last Week Tonight with John Oliver: Guardianship for the Elderly Season 5, Ep 13
- The summit with North Korea is called off. North Korea sends Trump a message in an oversized envelope. Trump calls the summit back on. Trump admits he hadn't read the contents of the envelope. Leader of the greatest nation in the world, folks.
- Russian journalist Arkady Babchenko is declared to be dead on worldwide news, but then discovered to be alive, his faked death an element in a sting to catch a group of Russian assassins.
- In the UK, the chairman of the British Monarchists Society, one "Thomas J. Mace-Archer-Mills, Esq.," a fixture on TV during the royal wedding, is revealed to actually to have been born and lived to his teens in the US, and even got an unrelated elderly British couple to call themselves his grandparents.
- And Now: The Very British Put-Downs of Speaker of the House of Commons John Bercow.
- Main story: Legal guardianship, a state under which senior citizens can be put where they have limited rights, and can find it difficult to get out of.
Brooklyn Nine-Nine: The Swedes Season 3, Ep 9
When Jake and Rosa take on an international jewel smuggling case and are teamed with a pair of overly-chummy Swedish Interpol detectives (guest stars Anders Holm and Riki Lindhome), they begin to question their current level of professional camaraderie. Meanwhile, Amy and Terry attempt to open Gina's mind to the wonders of the cosmos, and Boyle rediscovers his inner McEnroe by filling in as Holt's squash partner. [more inside]
Gravity Falls: Little Gift Shop of Horrors Season 2, Ep 6
Grunkle Stan tells three short "Tales Designed to Sell My Merchendise!" to a late night visitor to the Mystery Shack. In three loosely connected stories, Stan is cursed by a Hand Witch, Waddles becomes smart after eating brain-enhancing goo, and Mabel faces her fear of claymotion. With real claymation and Neil DeGrasse Tyson as the guest voice for Smart Waddles. [more inside]