Supernatural: All Along the Watchtower
September 16, 2017 9:56 AM - Season 12, Episode 23 - Subscribe

Lucifer battles Sam, Dean and Castiel for control of his unborn son.
posted by terilou (10 comments total)

I was all hyped up after the finale, but it's been long enough that now I'm kind of foggy on what even happened. I remember thinking that Crowley's death seemed pretty final, but Castiel's death only seemed like they were trying to make it SEEM final. (And Misha Collins is on the poster for the new season, so...)
posted by Ursula Hitler at 1:08 AM on September 17

Mark Sheppard isn't coming back and has made that pretty clear through his interviews - pretty sure Misha is.

Cannot wait for the backdoor pilot of Wayward Sisters!
posted by Suffocating Kitty at 7:59 AM on September 17

No more Crowley? Boo. The stuff with Hell was boring and stupid, IMO, but I love Crowley anyway, and his interactions with the team always entertained me. I'm not sure the show could actually survive the loss of both him and Castiel, so it's good Mischa Collins is probably returning.

Apart from that... damn. The main thing I remember was being disappointed because I have an unpublished novel that used a similar effect to the nephilim to show off reality warping powers: footsteps melted into the ground. I was like, 'should've finished editing that and put it out ages ago.'

Oh, and also: I was wondering if this meant we'd get (a version of) Bobby back, or if alternate-universe Bobby was more of a one-off.
posted by mordax at 11:08 AM on September 17

I'm hopeful for AU-Bobby, though I guess we'll have to wait and see.

I too remember being very anxious to discuss the finale and all kinds of excited and now, I can't remember all of the details, sadly.

I'm excited for the new season, though, and the possibility of Wayward Sisters. (Link for anyone who needs it).
posted by terilou at 2:35 PM on September 17 [1 favorite]

Hadn't heard a thing about Wayward Sisters before this thread, so thanks for the heads up. I'll definitely be catching that. :)
posted by mordax at 4:00 PM on September 17

Oh, Mordax, I feel you on somebody else scooping an idea. Happens to me all the time... even with this show! I was gonna call a body-swap thing "Swap Meat" before this show did it! In your case I think you could maybe tweak the idea a bit and still use it. I don't even remember the melting footsteps thing on the show, so I doubt many other folks would think of it either.

I'd be surprised if they don't do more with AU Bobby, assuming the actor is available. I was surprised they offed Crowley, but if we're being honest the character has been kind of spinning his wheels for a while. As great as MAS was in the role, it's kind of seemed like they were straining for stuff for him to do. (The same could arguably be said of Castiel, but if they wrote him out the fangirls would revolt and I would be there on the front lines.) I also wonder if they won't find some way to resurrect Crowley eventually too, even if it's just for the series finale or something.
posted by Ursula Hitler at 4:41 PM on September 17 [1 favorite]

I'm not sure the show could actually survive the loss of both him and Castiel, so it's good Mischa Collins is probably returning.

I think Misha's only going t be around for another 3 seasons, but I wouldn't worry; ten seasons after that, you'll barely remember he was there.

I mean, come on, it's Supernatural: 20 million years from now, the arthopods who'll have replaced humanity as the Earth's dominant lifeform will be wondering if Krchk*crrk!Chk leaving will doom the show.
posted by happyroach at 7:04 PM on September 17 [1 favorite]

Oh, Mordax, I feel you on somebody else scooping an idea. Happens to me all the time... even with this show!

Heh, this is a fair point. :)
posted by mordax at 8:36 PM on September 17

I have no doubt we will be getting some Mirror Universe Bobby. The question is what kind of role he will play? My prediction... He loved killing angels and holds a grudge, so he may end up a sort of big-bad for the next season. The Winchesters are forced to team up with the angels to take down their former mentor and father figure? Sounds like Supernatural to me. It also continues the theme from last season of a human big-bad.
posted by 2ht at 8:49 AM on September 18

I'm excited to see how Cass will be revived this time. The fifth time is a milestone!
posted by numaner at 1:05 PM on September 19

« Older Supernatural: Who We Are...   |  BoJack Horseman: lovin that ca... Newer »

You are not logged in, either login or create an account to post comments