Hap and Leonard: Monsoon Mambo
April 12, 2018 5:07 PM - Season 3, Episode 6 - Subscribe

Hap and Leonard can't let go.
posted by kittens for breakfast (4 comments total)

The ending destroyed me! I understand why it happened that way (kind of), but I certainly haven’t accepted it.

I loved Charlie making sure Hap and Leonard would be okay with each other. I love Charlie period.
posted by epj at 7:48 PM on April 12 [1 favorite]

The ending was devastating. Serious question: in this episode, was Florida a ghost? We've certainly seen a number of ghostly figures both this season and last, and while I'm not sure we're meant to take their presence exactly literally, I can't see how Florida could have been alive and trapped in the car for days and days. Just finding her at all seemed too good to be true. It's somehow easier for me to believe that her spirit needed to be found and freed -- especially this season, where Belinda's voiceovers and the dramatization of the old blues singer's meeting with the Devil seemed to create a bleak aura of magical realism right from the start.
posted by kittens for breakfast at 6:29 PM on April 15 [1 favorite]

I’m not sure how much time passed in the season, honestly. I thought the total time was about a week, so I thought Florida was really alive when they found her. She clearly had air, and it rained a fair bit, so she had water too. I do think, though, that she died in the flash flood because she heard the cursed song. Hap and Leonard could save her from Tim (and the Klan, and the kkkops), but they couldn’t touch the curse.

Fucking Grovetown.
posted by epj at 11:32 PM on April 15 [1 favorite]

Of course that happened . . .
posted by Seamus at 8:27 AM on April 18

« Older Podcast: The Adventure Zone: A...   |  Movie: Predator... Newer »

You are not logged in, either login or create an account to post comments

poster