Cobra Kai: Season 2 (Full Season)
September 16, 2019 7:00 PM - Season 2 (Full Season) - Subscribe

In the aftermath of Cobra Kai's win at the Under 18 All Valley Karate Championships, Johnny questions his dojo's philosophy and deals with a figure from his past. Daniel searches for the right way to respond to Cobra Kai's dominance.
posted by oh yeah! (7 comments total) 3 users marked this as a favorite

Okay, this is a laughable question, but in the school fight scene, they must've CGI'ed in those locker knobs and latches (or more probably, the entire locker-filled hall itself), right? Because getting your hiney kicked is one thing, but no one is shrugging off repeatedly being thrown back-first into locker knobs and latches. If anyone has a link to any of those "before and after CGI" videos like were done with Game of Thrones, please let me know.
posted by blueberry at 8:56 AM on September 17, 2019

I would guess that they probably just built a set of lockers out of rubber and painted them to look like metal. That plus some padding under the actor or stunt-person’s clothes would make it relatively safe to get slammed into.
posted by oh yeah! at 10:42 AM on September 17, 2019

Yeah, realistically that school brawl looked like it would have landed a lot of people in the hospital with serious injuries if not fatalities, and arrests. As dramatic as it was to see Kreese take over Cobra Kai, I feel like in the real world they’d get shut down as being a gang. I’m very curious to see how they move forward in S3.

Re: the tragedy of Johnny and Daniel. That accidental double date was heartbreaking in the best way. Like, that they (and we) got a glimpse at the AU where they could be friends, but watching it you know that disaster is lurking.

I got to fangirl briefly to Zabka at his autograph table at DragonCon, and made it to the Cobra Kai panel which was terrific.
posted by oh yeah! at 10:51 AM on September 18, 2019 [5 favorites]

I just finished E6, “Take a Right,” that Garrison appeared in. I thought it was extremely decent of the show to bring back the original actors to reprise their roles as Johnny's fellow Cobras. The fight scene was a nice touch.
posted by ob1quixote at 9:34 PM on January 3

How the hell does this school fight go on so long and stretch across the entire building and no teachers intervene for that long?
posted by DirtyOldTown at 7:05 PM on January 4

« Older Star Trek: Enterprise: Twiligh...   |  Book: Wanderers... Newer »

You are not logged in, either login or create an account to post comments