The Morning Show: The Interview
December 21, 2019 9:09 AM - Season 1, Episode 10 - Subscribe

TMS faces a fateful day as a plan to shake up UBA is set in motion.
posted by ellieBOA (6 comments total)

Ending the season with some drama.

Bradley owning a room with Mitch and Cory in it, and Alex's heel turn are entirely unpersuasive, but I don't watch this program for its realism.

I'm almost always wrong guessing plot turns. Almost, dammit.

I'd watch the Hell out of a Cory Ellison spin-off.
posted by mojohand at 10:03 AM on December 21, 2019 [1 favorite]

Also: cutting the feed in mid-broadcast is like trying to silence an M-80 by putting a pail over it. You get the same bang you tried to suppress, and you get clonked on the head with the pail for your trouble. But I don't watch this program for its realism
posted by mojohand at 10:12 AM on December 21, 2019 [3 favorites]

Yeah this was as wacky as usual, with plenty of drama, and it wasn't the most satisfying outcome, but it was the only outcome that lets us keep all our protagonists, well, all except Chip but even he can make a comeback now.

I wasn't as entertained as I wanted to be, but I was at least somewhat entertained and I watch this show because it entertains the shit out of me.

I also don't watch this program for its realism
posted by KTamas at 11:27 AM on December 22, 2019

And with this they have at least some stuff to build upon in Season 2. I bet it would work best if they wouldn't do a time-jump but pick up the second the first season ended.
posted by KTamas at 11:29 AM on December 22, 2019

Something about the pacing or the editing of this show seems more like you're watching a movie than a TV show, and not in a good way. Like there will be a big scene with dramatic dialog, but then that always has to be followed by a two-minute dialog-free montage accompanied by some stupid pop song. It's like they had a quota of bad pop songs that they needed to use up to fulfill their contract. I found myself wanting to fast-forward in a way I almost never do when watching other TV shows.
posted by Umami Dearest at 10:21 PM on December 22, 2019 [1 favorite]

I dig it. Hannah’s turn didn’t make a ton of sense to me (other than being dramatic), but I like this kind of corporate intrigue in general.

A bit surreal to see the news story Bradley is doing near the end is about an outbreak on a cruise ship. (In general, watching things during COVID is strange, because I’m constantly thinking about social distancing, but these people on my screen aren’t??!?!)
posted by itesser at 8:25 AM on March 15

« Older Movie: Depraved...   |  The Witcher: Season 1... Newer »

You are not logged in, either login or create an account to post comments