Everything's Gonna Be Okay: Seven-Spotted Ladybug; Greenbottle Blue Tarantula (Episodes 1 & 2)
January 16, 2020 8:35 PM - Season 1, Episode 1 - Subscribe

I've never seen "Please Like Me", wasn't sure what to expect from this based on whatever promo I saw last week, but, I thought this was great. Very funny, but also poignant. Deeply quirky. And it's nice to learn from the Variety interview that Thomas hired an all-female writers' room "because I’m a boy and the cast doesn’t really have that many boys in it, and I don’t really need help writing my character — I get it, that would have been a waste of everyone’s time. But I needed help writing these teenage girl experiences, so I felt it was better to get people who used to be teenage girls."
posted by oh yeah! at 8:50 PM on January 16 [2 favorites]

v warm, affectionate & watchable (though thought the end bit with flowers was a shade too much for me). interesting that the show starts with a death also, as it always seemed like the emotional climax of a "Please Like Me" season involved a death. keen to see how the season shapes out ~
posted by Field Tripper at 4:39 AM on January 19

a very pleasant surprise - between this, The Unicorn and Work in Progress, there's some interesting things being broadcast dealing with sexuality, relationships, family and grief.
posted by jkosmicki at 9:50 PM on January 19

« Older The Good Place: Mondays, Am I ...   |  Movie: I Lost My Body... Newer »

You are not logged in, either login or create an account to post comments