Freaky (2020)
December 5, 2020 11:44 AM - Subscribe

Slasher films get remixed when a notorious serial killer (Vince Vaughn) and an awkward 17-year-old girl (Kathryn Newton) switch bodies. A new horror-comedy from Blumhouse Pictures and writer-director Christopher Landon (Happy Death Day).

Available for digital rental on various outlets.
posted by DirtyOldTown (4 comments total) 1 user marked this as a favorite

Just now getting around to this, but FYI: while the Happy Death Day films are really more like hard PG-13's, this is a legit R, with Jason-style slasher kills and sex scenes inside of the first five minutes. Probably doesn't matter to you unless you have a kid right there at that outgrowing-PG-13-but-not-ready-for-hard-R-threshold like ours.
posted by DirtyOldTown at 1:15 PM on December 6, 2020 [1 favorite]

This must have been the easiest film pitch sale ever:

It's Freaky Friday the 13th!

Very fun. Recommend to fans of Happy Death Day.
posted by DirtyOldTown at 2:06 PM on December 6, 2020 [2 favorites]

I thought the movie was genuinely funny but the gore was a bit much. Agree this is definitely R rated.
posted by FirstMateKate at 1:02 PM on December 8, 2020 [1 favorite]

The changing room scene, the I'm straight scene and the backseat make-out scene really made this movie so much more interesting that it had any right to be. I really enjoyed it.

Vince Vaughn was asked to do something absurd and over the top but I really felt like the performance was more nuanced than I expected. Contrast it to Jack Black in Jumanji and Vaughn hands down sells it better.
posted by M Edward at 8:00 PM on December 12, 2020 [1 favorite]

« Older Book: A Wizard of Earthsea...   |  Movie: Mank... Newer »

You are not logged in, either login or create an account to post comments

poster