Amphibia: Taking Charge
August 3, 2021 6:16 PM - Season 1, Episode 8 - Subscribe
After introducing the Plantars to her favorite show, "Suspicion Island," the mysteriously bottomless battery of Anne's cell phone finally gives out, and she and the Plantars go to find a way to charge it. As a result they almost die.
- Anne's cell phone has an entire season of the TV show Suspecion Island on it, several movies, and a ton of music besides. Like her backpack and phone battery, it must have incredible storage space.
- Sprig: "Look! More Annes!" Polly: "Ha ha ha, they have noses!"
- Hop Pop: "How do we bring it back to life? Magic? Live sacrifice? I know a guy in town--" That guy may be Mr. Flour, Maddie's father, but it doesn't come into play here.
- Anne: "So how far is this bug, H.P.?" Hop Pop: "Don't call me H.P." It's a running joke throughout the episode, but in later episodes it remains Anne's favorite nickname for Hop Pop.
- The frogs are not media-savvy, and easily have their thinking warped by Anne's TV program. This theme returns, on a much larger scale, later on in Civil Wart.
- It's Hop Pop's turn to wear the stupid hat this episode, causing Anne's phone to lose power due to binge watching the show overnight.
- In hiding from Anne, Hop Pop clings to the ceiling in a manner more like Sprig.
- Sprig's tongue is of bungee cord strength. Rightfully, he should be able to use that as kind of a grappling hook.
- The phone's battery charges to "10,000%." I'm sure Apple would kill for the secret of its capacity.
- Predator of the episode: zap-a-pedes.
« Previous Episode | Next Episode »
You are not logged in, either login or create an account to post comments