Supernatural: Halt & Catch Fire
February 12, 2015 11:33 PM - Season 10, Episode 13 - Subscribe

A series of deaths, connected to various electronic devices, begin to occur in Spencer Iowa. The Winchesters arrive on campus to investigate, and enjoy the food offering of the campus.

Writers Eric Charmelo and Nicole Snyder create an homage to the slasher movie I Know What You Did Last Summer, but it lacks the satiric punch of their previous efforts.
posted by cfoxhi (6 comments total)

Apparently you can delete some things from the internet.
posted by cfoxhi at 11:35 PM on February 12, 2015 [1 favorite]

That was kind of old school and almost kinda.good? I haven't watched this show in a while so it was a pleasant surprise.
posted by fshgrl at 9:25 PM on February 13, 2015 [1 favorite]

That was kind of old school and almost kinda.good?

Yeah, this rose to the level of B-movie action, I think. I liked having at least one sympathetic victim, and thought the subplot with the widow IMing with her dead husband was actually sorta cool.

Also, I'm still laughing about Sigma Theta Delta, and I want a cronut.
posted by mordax at 6:38 PM on February 14, 2015 [1 favorite]

FYI, the URL for the FoxSisters recap goes to an error page.

I found Dean's 'college is awesome' asides about the great food (like, ok, there's some variety, but, it's still just cafeteria food) and the hot chicks (like, dude, how old are you now?) to be off-putting. Kind of a meh episode for me, probably just that we've had a bunch of good ones this season that made this worse in comparison. Still, better than the doldrums of season 8.
posted by oh yeah! at 3:46 PM on February 15, 2015 [1 favorite]

Thanks, oh yeah!; we think the FoxSisters link is fixed now.
posted by obloquy at 6:07 PM on February 15, 2015

...like, ok, there's some variety, but, it's still just cafeteria food...

I'm a few years younger than Dean (or Ackles anyway) and when I was in college I was presented with some pretty goddamn awful food. Recent visits? Spectacularly better. Teensy, low-rent college too.

But of course Dean never went to college, and because of his line of work he's more used to truck stop cuisine, so modern college cafeteria food might seem better by comparison.
posted by brundlefly at 11:21 PM on February 19, 2015 [1 favorite]

« Older Podcast: Radiolab from WNYC: A...   |  Movie: Friday the 13th (1980)... Newer »

You are not logged in, either login or create an account to post comments

poster