Wind River (2017)
August 22, 2017 5:46 AM - Subscribe

An FBI agent teams with the town's veteran game tracker to investigate a murder that occurred on a Native American reservation.

The film was written and directed by Taylor Sheridan, writer of Sicario and Hell or High Water. It is currently has an 87% on Rotten Tomatoes.
posted by doctornecessiter (6 comments total) 3 users marked this as a favorite

This was not my favorite of Sheridan's work (still have to go with Sicario), but I love the remote, snowy rural aesthetic.

I saw some parallels with Sicario here actually, in terms of characters and how the story ends up playing out...Don't want to spoil anything yet, but I'll be interested to see if others know what I mean.
posted by doctornecessiter at 5:58 AM on August 22

I wondered why it was only ONE FBI agent.
posted by brujita at 10:50 AM on August 22 [1 favorite]

Just saw a tv docu about Ruby Ridge and the FBI agent assigned to that area was solitary for quite a long time until some major multi-person crimes occurred.
posted by sammyo at 1:00 PM on August 25 [1 favorite]

I wondered why it was only ONE FBI agent.

I think they made it clear that an Indian reservation was pretty low priority.
posted by ubiquity at 8:44 AM on September 5

This is only tangentially related to the film, but I couldn't help but notice it had 5 producers, 19 (!) executive producers, and a single associate producer. Can someone please explain to me why a film needs 25 producers?
posted by ubiquity at 9:58 AM on September 5

Well, that was well done and predictable. Beautiful scenery. Renner plays to type. Interesting camera work, more handhelds than I would have thought.
posted by the man of twists and turns at 9:21 PM on November 29

« Older The Strain: Tainted Love...   |  I, Claudius: What Shall We Do ... Newer »

You are not logged in, either login or create an account to post comments

poster