Supernatural: Somewhere Between Heaven and Hell
March 10, 2017 1:12 AM - Season 12, Episode 15 - Subscribe

Sam and Dean to investigate a hellhound attack. As Crowley continues to hold Lucifer, his King of Hell duties require his attention. Castiel gets a lead on Kelly Kline and an offer of help.
posted by cfoxhi (7 comments total)

I thought this was a really fun episode and not just because a version of Lucille appeared. Lots of funny lines and Hellhounds are pretty good monsters. The Cas storyline seemed a bit extraneous, but I'm eager to find out of Joshua is really back. I love that they are bringing back characters we haven't seen in a while. Hopefully, it's not just cleaning house for a final season 13 season or something. Really loving the last couple episodes of Supernatural.
posted by cfoxhi at 1:16 AM on March 10

Yeah. I wasn't sure Supernatural could keep the quality up, but they've been doing a pretty good job. I really have been enjoying it again ever since S10.
posted by mordax at 10:21 AM on March 10 [1 favorite]

I really got a kick out of Crowley just straight up owning Lucifer.

I still wanna know what the other 638 things that require his immediate attention are.
posted by numaner at 12:35 PM on March 10 [1 favorite]

I still wanna know what the other 638 things that require his immediate attention are.

Good point. I would've watched an episode that was just those guys rattling off petty Hell disputes. (I cracked about about 'I think we can all agree that's not enough babies for a decent meal!')
posted by mordax at 1:00 PM on March 10 [2 favorites]

they have to make that, basically Your Pretty Face is Going to Hell, but with Supernatural lore and style
posted by numaner at 1:09 PM on March 10 [1 favorite]

Am I totally imagining that for a while after hellhounds killed him, Dean was able to see them, without the special glasses? Did that go away at some point or could he just not see Lucifer's dog specifically?

There were parts of this I liked--Cujo with hellhounds feels like an idea with some legs on it--and parts that really felt like filler. That entire argument about whether to lie to the girl to make her feel better or tell her the truth about hellhounds might have felt reasonable in the first season, before Sam and Dean had interviewed hundreds of victims together, but twelve seasons in I mostly just felt bad for the actors.

As for the MOL--I was glad Sam ended up telling Dean the truth at the end, and Dean's reasons for going along with it were pretty reasonable. But I had the impression from the end of last week's episode that Sam was planning to tell him right away, and this seemed like it was almost going to the same annoying plot well of "Sam and Dean keep secrets for no reason" without actually going there, but not exactly having them grow out of that kind of behavior either.

(But blessings, blessings upon this show and its bonkers, drunk-in-a-china-shop cosmology. Sure God created a super-hellhound right after the Big Bang. In the beginning, there was Chuck (and his sister, Amara!) And then Chuck created some angels, and then I don't know, gravity or whatever, then a terrifying dog-monster who we'll call Ramsey, then some more angels, then He worked on His novel for a while, and then Earth and dinosaurs and at some point, regular dogs! You know, like in the Bible.)
posted by jameaterblues at 11:17 PM on March 10 [2 favorites]

In case you can't tell, God is as human in his mindset as the rest of us.
posted by numaner at 8:15 AM on March 13

« Older Survivor: Gamechangers...   |  Supernatural: The Raid... Newer »

You are not logged in, either login or create an account to post comments