A Ghost Story (2017)
November 13, 2017 10:50 AM - Subscribe

In this singular exploration of legacy, love, loss, and the enormity of existence, a recently deceased, white-sheeted ghost returns to his suburban home to try to reconnect with his bereft wife.
posted by jazon (4 comments total)

It's very much a solemn meditation on grief,and I liked it.

That said with Casey Affleck's reputation I am unlikely to recommend it to people.
posted by graventy at 2:02 PM on November 14

Agreed. I think about David Lowery, who among other things edited Upstream Color and is probably most responsible for it working as well as it does, and then I remember that Casey Affleck is kinda his muse, and I'm like "Ugh."
posted by infinitewindow at 5:03 PM on November 14

That said with Casey Affleck's reputation I am unlikely to recommend it to people.

I feel the same way, and it's a god-damn shame because I really liked this movie. Meditation on grief, yes, and thus/but also being stuck in a place/in life/emotionally (not just ghost-Casey Affleck but living-Casey Affleck as well who does not want to move) and thus life just moving past one. It made me reflect my own life quite a while after finishing the movie.
posted by bigendian at 6:09 PM on November 14

I was vaguely looking forward to this until all the abovementioned came to fore, so, yeah, that's a shame.
posted by turbid dahlia at 1:47 PM on November 19

« Older The Walking Dead: Some Guy...   |  Movie: Lady Bird... Newer »

You are not logged in, either login or create an account to post comments

poster