BoJack Horseman: Mr. Peanutbutter's Boos
September 15, 2018 5:01 AM - Season 5, Episode 8 - Subscribe

At BoJack's 25th annual Halloween party, Pickles gets a crash course in Mr. Peanutbutter's romantic history -- and some advice from Diane.
posted by Pendragon (7 comments total) 3 users marked this as a favorite

Ok, who the hell is peeking in for a second after Diane leaves? Please tell me that is Janet and Chrissy from Three’s Company to round out the reference Mr. Peanutbutter made earlier in the scene.

That sentence makes perfect sense, thank you.
posted by Burhanistan at 1:26 PM on September 18, 2018 [2 favorites]

(Also, loved the flipped McConaughhey reference Mr. Peanutbutter made. The whole episode was a generational reference orgy.)
posted by Burhanistan at 1:35 PM on September 18, 2018 [5 favorites]

Looks like the girls who tried to rob Todd at Herb's house in season one
posted by InfidelZombie at 2:15 PM on September 18, 2018 [2 favorites]

Ah, and they would probably have given the taller one blonde hair to complete the reference to Chrissy. I'll just pretend anyway. There are lots of those quick shots of random freakos lurking or crawling away throughout the season.
posted by Burhanistan at 2:23 PM on September 18, 2018

Ok, who the hell is peeking in for a second after Diane leaves?

That would be: The Celebrity Stealing Club!
posted by ethical_caligula at 3:41 PM on September 18, 2018 [5 favorites]

Ok, who the hell is peeking in for a second after Diane leaves?

That would be: The Celebrity Stealing Club!

Who are in turn a reference to Spring Breakers.
posted by Uncle Ira at 7:58 AM on September 24, 2018 [3 favorites]

I just got the episode title. I am dense.

The whole episode was a generational reference orgy

I would love to see a heavily annotated version of this show, to catch all the little Easter eggs and quips. Thinking of that made me think of anime fan-subs, where some subtitle groups include cultural references and historic notes that are lost on non-Japanese audience members.

And it's interesting to realize that Mr. Peanutbutter's age is unclear, in part because he's a dog, so you don't realize that they've been having the same-ish party for 25 years, and Pickles is 25. So Mr. PB is ... in his mid-to-late 40s? Eep. No wonder he's finally realizing he's ready for less of a young party person and more of a low-key partner.

I wonder how the ouiji board's message from a dead soul, "AERXIXFASP," will come back into the show. What could it mean?
posted by filthy light thief at 9:00 AM on September 28, 2018 [1 favorite]

« Older BoJack Horseman: INT. SUB...   |  BoJack Horseman: Ancient Histo... Newer »

You are not logged in, either login or create an account to post comments