The Romanoffs: The Violet Hour
November 4, 2018 10:04 PM - Season 1, Episode 1 - Subscribe

Set in Paris, an ancestral home holds the key to a family's future.
posted by k8t (5 comments total)

It was interesting but a little long.

Are people really this ignorant about Muslims not eat pork or drinking alcohol?

Why does it matter that his mother is LDS?
posted by k8t at 10:05 PM on November 4

"People" might not be, but tbh people who consider themselves to be royalty might be so unconcerned with the ways others live that they are that ignorant.

A Mormon marrying into the Romanoff family would be of note, I would think - it's so American! Also apparently Aaron Eckhart himself is former LDS.

On another note, if you didn't like this episode, keep going. The episodes are pretty different from one another.
posted by wellred at 5:19 AM on November 5

I really liked this until the final 10 minutes. As awful as she was, I ended up really liking Anushka. Her relationship with Hajar made her sympathetic. The actress playing Hajar really was exceptionally beautiful. And the apartment was certainly worth killing someone over.

I've only seen two episodes of this so far, but there's a lot of emphasis on the lineage and continuing the line.
posted by gladly at 7:35 AM on November 5 [1 favorite]

As someone who avoids spoilers like the plague, I was surprised when I got to the end of this. My SO and I turned to each other and said, “that seems like it’s pretty wrapped up, right? Where could episode two go?” We had no idea that this was an anthology series.

We thought the episode was okay, and then episode two was okay, and episode three was also just okay. I thought we had quit the show but apparently episode four stars Diane Lane, so we will watch it for her. UPDATE: Just as I was typing this my SO texted to say she watched the Diane Lane episode without me and it was great. I guess we’ll be giving it more of a shot!
posted by ejs at 8:36 PM on November 5

I watched two episodes and thought they were both great. I also had no idea it was an anthology, each episode is about a different couple and their relationship woes, until I watched the second one.
posted by xammerboy at 8:20 PM on November 11

« Older Patriot Act with Hasan Minhaj:...   |  Last Week Tonight with John Ol... Newer »

You are not logged in, either login or create an account to post comments

poster