Mad Men: Waldorf Stories   Rewatch 
November 2, 2014 6:46 AM - Season 4, Episode 6 - Subscribe

Peggy clashes with her new creative partner and Don pitches under unusual circumstances.
posted by tracicle (13 comments total)

Stan Loves Peggy
posted by Sweetie Darling at 11:26 AM on November 2, 2014 [2 favorites]

Boy howdy, I'd completely forgotten that Stan's FIRST EPISODE was the one where they got nekkid, dipping-erection-in-ink joke and all. Talk about Peggy coming into her own.
posted by ChrisTN at 2:54 PM on November 2, 2014

Sigh, fresh faced Stan

Siiiiiiiiigh
posted by The Whelk at 3:12 PM on November 2, 2014 [2 favorites]

If there was a Peggy and Stan ship, it would be the size of the Titanic with a similar fate.
posted by drezdn at 5:07 PM on November 2, 2014 [1 favorite]

It seems as if almost all MM fans like Stan for one reason or another, doesn't it?

I'm a few episodes behind. I'm trying to catch up.
posted by cwest at 6:08 PM on November 2, 2014

It took me a while to like Stan. I think my liking grew as his beard did. Now my liking is lush and dense like a forest.
posted by tracicle at 4:23 AM on November 3, 2014 [8 favorites]

Heh. Yeah. I don't think I liked Stan until his late-night chats with Peggy when she was at CGC. Basically, when he stopped being a foil for Peggy.

I wonder how much AMC saved on SAG insurance premiums by using Jessica Pare for basically all of the scenes where a non-Joan secretary needed to speak this season? I don't even hate Megan, but it stands out how often she's the one who's ready to jump into any scene at any time.

Don's side-look at Roger in the elevator will never not crack me up.
posted by donajo at 7:36 AM on November 3, 2014 [2 favorites]

I've never thought about when I started liking Stan. But yeah, "his late-night chats with Peggy when she was at CGC" probably put me firmly in his corner.
posted by cwest at 1:09 PM on November 3, 2014

Don hits the high point of his career so far, with being a partner and getting the Clio, and his personal life is increasingly falling apart.
posted by the man of twists and turns at 4:04 PM on November 3, 2014 [2 favorites]

And I'm pretty sure that's Betty in the fur ad that Roger notices.
posted by the man of twists and turns at 8:11 PM on November 3, 2014 [2 favorites]

It is Betty -- that's how she and Don met.
posted by tracicle at 3:59 AM on November 4, 2014

I'd forgotten how much of a jerk Stan was at first.
posted by drezdn at 8:52 AM on November 5, 2014

Love how Roger just stares at Don when young Don says something like "Didn't you ever need a big break?"
posted by drezdn at 9:36 AM on November 5, 2014 [1 favorite]

« Older Scandal: An Innocent Man...   |  Movie: Chef... Newer »

You are not logged in, either login or create an account to post comments

poster