February 26, 2019 7:24 PM - Season 2, Episode 16 -
In the Season 2 finale, Reva prepares to carry out her plan for the Inner Circle.
TV Line -The Gifted EP Breaks Down Season 2 Finale's Final Twist, [Spoiler]'s Death and the Current Renewal Outlook
Den of Geek - Will The Gifted Season 3 Happen?
EW recap: Take one for the team
(5 comments total)
1 user marked this as a favorite
* I liked Esme finally breaking with her sisters. Forcing Andy and Lauren to commit mass murder definitely needed to be the turning point, if she was going to get one.
* I was very disappointed Jace survived. His storyline was played out.
* Reed's sacrifice was good. Telegraphed for a bit, but still pretty striking.
* Erg and Johnny working stuff out was good.
* The idea they want to move on to an Age of Apocalypse storyline after this, if they get an S3, seems pretty ambitious/expensive, but I hope they have the opportunity.
on February 27
I guess that was as good a way to end things (assuming they don't get a renewal, which seems to be likely) as any. I was expecting Clarice to come back because Johnny kept seeing her, and if they did get another season, I wouldn't be surprised for Reed to show up as well.
I could have done without all the Strucker family flashbacks this episode, and I thought the battle in the parking garage was poorly done (in particular, Lorna seemed underpowered and underused), but overall, it was a mostly satisfying conclusion.
on February 27 [
in particular, Lorna seemed underpowered and underused
Yeah, this is completely fair. I found the sequence there to be too forgettable to even talk about, but putting her on the same combat footing as Marcos and 'normal human with guns and no formal combat training' was indeed pretty weaksauce.
Would've helped to make the terrorist guys a little tougher or more canny or something.
on February 27
3rding the misuse of Lorna. She's Magneto's daughter, one of the most powerful mutants on the planet, and just went through months of combat training. The garage scene was pretty bad. John vs.the Purifiers was good, though. And the ending was the most X-Men ending in any non-print media I've seen.
on February 28 [
Plus, I know she was gone for 7 seconds and it was super signalled, but I still got a kick out of the way Blink came back.
on February 28
« Previous Episode
The Passage: You Are Like the ... | Movie: Period. End of Sentence...
You are not logged in, either
create an account
to post comments
IMDb Series Info
I wrote this