Evil: Book 27
January 31, 2020 6:20 PM - Season 1, Episode 13 - Subscribe

David, Kristen and Ben assess whether a pregnant woman is possessed when she claims one of the twins she's carrying is evil. (Season Finale)
posted by oh yeah! (5 comments total) 1 user marked this as a favorite

Did anyone else make it through to the end of the season? I thought it improved a bit once they got away from the courtroom subplots. I don't know if I'll pick it back up next season though -- it was so effectively creepy sometimes that it was unsettling to watch.
posted by oh yeah! at 6:29 PM on January 31

Watched them all. It has been a little uneven script-wise but the acting has been really good. I think that the full Satanic Conspiracy that will have to make up much of next season will be a harder balance for them to walk. I feel that this is one of the kinds of shows that either starts truly shining its second season or just fades away.
posted by Ignorantsavage at 8:26 PM on January 31

I did watch the whole season, I could not tell you why!

>all of those mind teasers are intentional to a) make a fun experience and b) make an experience you’d want to return to.<

Quote above from Robert King. However I did not find the show or its "teasers" fun; and, I am not sure why I kept returning to the next episode. For explanation, perhaps? Explanation was not forthcoming.

I found many of the characters unlikable, irritating. I am frequently infuriated by their actions, even those of characters I like. If the goal of the Kings is to provoke, they are certainly provoking me.

Still I am awaiting a second season . Go figure! ::eye roll::
posted by alwayson_slightlyoff at 3:48 PM on February 1

I've only seen 2-3 eps and the previous post seems exactly on the spot. Go figure! ::eye roll::

(or does the rolling eyes mean the poster is possessed, is the show actually.... oh noooo)
posted by sammyo at 5:31 PM on February 1

I enjoyed this season, mostly for its willingness to throw everything at the wall to see if anything sticks, plus I like the cast.
posted by whir at 9:02 PM on February 4

« Older Project Runway: Sheer Genius...   |  Beforeigners: Season 1... Newer »

You are not logged in, either login or create an account to post comments