Anne, who up until now has been treated like a monster and a freak by the townsfolk, breaks out in pimples that resemble warts, and suddenly she's a star among the frog citizenry. Mayor Toadstool tries to take political advantage, straining relations between Anne and the Plantars.
- No one almost dies in this episode!
- Mayor Toadstool is revealed to be embezzling money from the town, which makes him unpopular. Oh, if only life would imitate art. We also find out theres an election next month, which is also a point of continuity.
- Anne, attempting to promote pimple growth, slathers her face in butter.
- Revealed: The symbol for money in Amphibia is of a stick-like webbed foot with a short horizontal line through the middle, like the symbol for Yen (¥) but with an extra line up the middle and only one crossing line.
- Hop Pops character shows depth here: he is willing to help Anne, even though it means she must shun the Plantars in public, because he supports family when they hit it big.
- "Plague towels, everyone! Plague towels!"
- Anne: "Thanks for helping me guys." Sprig: "Thats what were here for!" Polly: "Not me. Im here for the drama."
- The citizens of Wartwood appear to always have throwing vegetables on hand in case theyre needed.
- From the backpack: fancy movie-star glasses.