Unhappy with Hop Po's leadership, Sprig challenges Hop Pop to a ceremonial fight and wins, becoming the new head of the farm. Predictably, disaster ensues.
- No one almost dies in this episode, although Hop Pop thinks he's going to. It's true that a pest from Sprig's vegetables threatens the kids, but that doesn't seem on the level of the mortal threats in past episodes.
- Anne has nearly become a full-fledged family member at this point; this story is Plantar family shenanigans that doesn't hinge on her being an outsider at all. One of Amphibia's little charms is seeing the tall gangly human girl accepted as a member of a family of frogs.
- The Plantars demonstrate another wacky tradition, that they can challenge each other to lead the family. For some reason, Polly is moderator of these.
- Hop Pop is gone for only a day and a half, how did they build all that stuff around the house ("PLANTAR FARM 2.0 friendship edition plus") in that short a time?
- Tombstones: "Big Lick," "Forever HOPPIN'", "SLIPPY he slipped."
- Continuity: while in exile, Hop Pop gains a pet (friend?) in Jeremy the Beetle, who shows up in later episodes.
- In the empty cupboard, there is a piece of fruit (?) in the corner drawn somewhat in the shape of the "Cool S."
- From the backpack: beachwear.