Any Way the Wind Blows
November 19, 2021 4:40 PM - Subscribe

Any Way the Wind Blows takes the gang back to England, back to Watford, and back to their families for their longest and most emotionally wrenching adventure yet.
posted by Literaryhero (4 comments total)

Eh, it was a little too long. I realize there needed to be a lot of set up so everyone could get their happily ever after, but I just wasn't that emotionally invested in it. The bad guy wasn't that scary for some reason and I didn't feel like there was any tension.
posted by Literaryhero at 4:41 PM on November 19

WAY too much time spent on Simon and Baz angst.

Other than that, I liked it. Particularly the scene with the demon.
posted by kyrademon at 5:53 AM on November 20 [1 favorite]

I liked this one much better than the second; however, I read it less than six months ago and the only specific thing I remember is the descriptions of what Simon had to do to stuff the wings into his clothes. Like most YA trilogies, Simon’s story would have been better as a single book.
posted by something something at 12:38 PM on November 20

I felt like they didn't do enough to build up this guy as the bad guy. Like, I was never really invested in his role in the story, and I didn't really feel a significant tension or sense of threat there.

My favorite part was Penelope putting on her lawyer hat and getting Shepherd out of the contract with the demon.

I felt like there was too much jumping around, and it didn't feel like a coherent story. It sort of went on too long and also at the same time parts of it felt rushed.
posted by litera scripta manet at 2:12 PM on December 3

« Older Arcane: League of Legends: Whe...   |  Movie: The Ring... Newer »

You are not logged in, either login or create an account to post comments