Speak No Evil (2022)
September 16, 2022 10:48 AM - Subscribe

A Danish family visits a Dutch family they met on a holiday.

What was supposed to be an idyllic weekend unravels quickly.
posted by miss-lapin (5 comments total) 3 users marked this as a favorite

This starts on Shudder today? I've heard good stuff on this from folks who saw it on the festival circuit. Becky Darke (of the Evolution of Horror podcast crew) gave it four stars, saying it is "The motion picture rendering of 'I have enough friends.' This’ll fuck you up." I'm definitely in.
posted by DirtyOldTown at 11:41 AM on September 16 [1 favorite]

Oh my god, this movie! So uncomfortable to watch. I saw it in the cinema in April so the feeling has numbed a little but I still vividly remember many scenes. As I recall, at least two thirds of the movie is "just" uncomfortable to watch because of norms and personal boundaries being pushed/broken - and the last part is more physically and visually horrific. The whole cinema was quiet for a long while when the credits rolled.
posted by rawrberry at 11:47 AM on September 16 [2 favorites]

Mod note: A couple deleted. Not sure about differences in when people were/are able to view this on Shudder, but probably not worth derailing the convo?
posted by taz (staff) at 1:16 AM on September 17 [1 favorite]

A monument of a film. Never before has a film so succinctly chronicled the Dutch psyche.
posted by Jessica Savitch's Coke Spoon at 4:22 PM on September 21

Holy shit, that was a rough one. Yikes.
posted by holborne at 9:47 PM on September 21

« Older The Good Fight: The End of the...   |  The Lord of the Rings: The Rin... Newer »

You are not logged in, either login or create an account to post comments

poster