Alice in Borderland: Season Two
January 19, 2023 2:11 PM - Season 2 (Full Season) - Subscribe

Arisu and his crew face a new round of deadly face card games. Who are the citizens? Will the winners get to go home? Does home still exist? Why is the world like this? What makes a good leader? What is the value of life? Questions such as these will be repeatedly asked in Season 2 of Alice in Borderland.
posted by fleacircus (3 comments total) 1 user marked this as a favorite

"And I awoke and it was all a dream" would normally be an unacceptable ending. Here, as a pastiche of Through the Looking Glass, it's OK. The Queen's name, Mira, recalls mirror, a looking glass. And the "You're nothing but a pack of cards!" symbolism is obvious. (Other than the Joker, which is likely the creator winking at the audience.)
posted by SPrintF at 1:59 PM on January 22 [1 favorite]

Yeah I think the Joker is a cute THE END...? execution. It's nothing really, unless there's a sequel of course.

I laughed at the fake reveals of what's really going on. I suppose if the Borderland is people fighting to stay alive, citizens are comatose people...

There's a lot of speeches and dialogues in this season that were really bad, but idk the games are interesting.
posted by fleacircus at 3:01 PM on January 22

It is such a fun watch and I hope there's a third season.
posted by the webmistress at 6:04 PM on January 27

« Older Mystery Science Theater 3000: ...   |  Paul T. Goldman: Full Series... Newer »

You are not logged in, either login or create an account to post comments