Doctor Who: Bad Wolf Rewatch
September 11, 2014 1:02 PM - Season 1, Episode 12 - Subscribe
The Doctor, Rose, and Jack Harkness find themselves separated, waking up with temporary amnesia in various mid 2000's television game shows. The Doctor finds himself in a Big Brother house hosted by the Davinadroid, Rose ends up on the set of The Weakest Link hosted by Anne Droid, and Jack wakes up facing two female androids who offer to give him a makeover on a show similar to What Not to Wear. This won't date badly, not at all.
- In one of "The Weakest Link" sequences, one of the correct answers is revealed to be Torchwood, the first appearance of the name in Doctor Who; it would become the story arc for the second series.
- Apart from the fictional Bear with Me, all the other shows Lynda mentions as coming from the Game Station are based on British game and makeover shows: Call My Bluff, Countdown, Ground Force, Wipeout and Stars in Their Eyes.
- The production team originally intended to show Jack's naked buttocks on screen. The scene was shot, but the BBC's editorial policy department stepped in and vetoed it, the only time they over-ruled the production team during the 2005 series.
- During the actual recording the director instructed the scripted Weakest Link questions were randomised so that the cast would actually have to think about their answers.
- This episode introduces the deadlock seal, a type of lock which is immune to the Sonic screwdriver and will be used again in future episodes.
- The diary room chair used in the Game Station Big Brother house was sold to Channel 4, and they used it in Ultimate Big Brother as the bedsit's diary room chair.