Last Week Tonight with John Oliver: Vaccines
July 2, 2017 2:06 PM - Season 4, Episode 17 - Subscribe
- Murray Energy CEO Bob Murray, as promised, decided to sue Last Week Tonight for their coverage of them. DJWheezy managed to find a PDF of the actual complaint on The Daily Beast's website! (So you don't have to mess around with their annoying web interface.) Give that a read, if only for the mental image of Bob Murray claiming he's clinging to life and needs an oxygen tank to breathe.
- In explaining that he actually has no tapes of his conversation with James Comey, President Trump embarks on a nonsensical digression about Obama and surveillance, leaving Oliver to ask "What the fuck was that?" And it wasn't even the end of the clip....
- The Senate moves forward, but not yet to a vote, on their own version of ACA replacement, the "Better Care Reconciliation Act," which would drastically cut Medicaid.
- And Now: The Ongoing Controversy Over WNEP 16 Scranton's Backyard Train, and later, Seriously: The People of Scranton Are Very Invested in WNEP 16's Backyard Train.
- Main story: Vaccines, an amazing discovery that has reshaped the modern world for the better, and vaccine skeptcism, which seeks to destroy it. YouTube (27m)
Coal: "The reason Dick Van Dyke looked like he spent all of Mary Poppins in blackface."
President Trump: "Two words that clearly don't belong together, but we're all somehow getting used to hearing out loud, like Instagram Celebrity, and Ansel Elgort."
James Comey: "FBI Director and Slenderman alter-ego"
Sen. Schumer's "MEANER" bit: "If political theater were actual theater, that would be the equivilent of someone falling to their death in 'Spider-man: Turn Off The Dark'."
Ted Cruz: "He's the only man in history whose personality somehow contracted bedbugs."
Hashtag joke: #ladyelephantscancommitinvoluntarymanslaughter #feminism
F.37: "Amor Vincit Pence" PRIDE PARADE