Last Week Tonight with John Oliver: U.S. PRIMARIES AND CAUCUSES Season 3, Ep 13
- Protests rock Venezuela as their economy continues to deteriorate due to low oil prices.
- Canada Prime Ministar Justin Trudeau hits a very minor scandal, "Elbowgate," due to his pushing his way through a crowd of people in the House of Commons.
- And Now: John McLaughlin Angrily Introduces Discussion Topics.
- Main story: Primaries and Caucuses, the means by which the Democratic and Republican candidates get chosen, which is far from proportional to public will.
- And Now: Increasingly Weird Bell Ringers at the New York Stock Exchange
- Chechnya leader Ramzan Kadyrov, widely considered to be a brutal strongman and who idolizes Putin, has completely lost his cat. LWT launches a campaign to find Kadyrov's cat before anyone suffers for it. Follow-up on Huffington Post.
Star Wars Rebels: Twilight of the Apprentice, Parts I & II Season 2, Ep 19
The Rebels Season Two finale calls upon the myth and lore of The Clone Wars and Knights of the Old Republic as our Jedi, Ahsoka, Kanan, and Ezra, venture to the forbidden planet of Malachor in search of knowledge to defeat the Empire's dreaded Inquisitors. [more inside]
Star Wars Rebels: Shroud of Darkness Season 2, Ep 16
After repeated encounters with the Inquisitors, Kanan, Ezra, and Ahsoka, return to the Jedi temple on Lothal in search of answers and perhaps, the guidance of a certain small, green, Jedi Master. [more inside]
Last Week Tonight with John Oliver: The Medicaid Gap Season 2, Ep 32
This week... John Kerry holds a conference in Vienna to try to get Syria to reach an agreement with rebels, but while delegates from 20 nations show up, neither Syria nor the rebels attend. "Chewbacca" is arrested in Ukraine for campaigning on behalf of "Darth Vader," who is running for mayor there. In the UK, the threatened removal of tax credits for the poor are thwarted by an unlikely benefactor: the House of Lords. And Now: The Inevitable, Sad Consequences Of Morning Show Anchors Celebrating Halloween. The main story: 2015 state elections determine whether more states will opt out of expanding Medicaid to their residents. YouTube (14m) And Now: Oh Sweet Jesus, They've Put The Weather Forecasters In Costumes Too. Finally, China attempts to gain control over shipping lanes in the South China Sea by claiming sovereignty over artificial islands, a situation that has become tensely volatile and a potential cause for war. In an attempt to introduce some reason, Last Week Tonight brought on Kenny G (unexpectedly popular in China) to sing a song about it. [more inside]
Star Wars Rebels: The Siege of Lothal Season 2, Ep 1
The crew of the Ghost return fighting with the nascent Rebellion's Phoenix Squadron before being drawn back to Lothal by an opportunity to gain valuable intelligence. Awaiting the team on Lothal is a dark lord of the Sith, Darth Vader, who is prepared to crush the rebels by any means necessary. [more inside]