Star Wars Rebels: Shroud of Darkness
March 3, 2016 6:23 AM - Season 2, Episode 16 - Subscribe
After repeated encounters with the Inquisitors, Kanan, Ezra, and Ahsoka, return to the Jedi temple on Lothal in search of answers and perhaps, the guidance of a certain small, green, Jedi Master.
- The planet at the start of the episode is listed in the script as Oosalon.
- The outfit Anakin Skywalker wears in the holocron recording was created originally for that scene and was not used previously.
- The ancient artwork seen in the Jedi temple includes humanoid beings riding what appear to be giant wolves.
- The design of the Jedi dojo, created for this episode, was previewed in Marvel's Star Wars: Kanan, issue no. 7, which was published in October, 2015.
- The lightsabers in the training dojo were repurposed/redressed animation props, including ring-less Inquisitor lightsabers. This also included the Temple Guard lightsabers, and lightsabers belonging to Ki-Adi-Mundi, Luminara, Unduli, Kit Fisto, and Adi Gallia.
- For Anakin's lightsaber training, the Rebels tv team reviewed Episode III-era reference footage of stunt coordinator and sword master Nick Gillard giving a lightsaber lesson to a video games team.