Last Week Tonight with John Oliver: Nuclear Waste Season 4, Ep 22
It's a little late, but here's LWT from 8/21:
- Steve Bannon loses his (official) position as Chief Strategist in Trump's White House, but the White Nationalist In Chief remains, and made more horrible remarks about the protests in Charlottesville. Two business councils advising the White House disbanded following the news as CEOs abandoned the President.
- And Now: Local News Answers The Question: "Should You Stare At The Sun?"
- Main story: Nuclear waste, and the United States' long-standing problems in properly disposing of it. YouTube (18m)
- And Now: Some Of The Actual Responses From Potential Jurors Excused From The Martin Shkreli Trial (see inside for a list)
Last Week Tonight with John Oliver: North Korea Season 4, Ep 21
- Violence in Charlottesville, where a Neo-Nazi drove a car into a group of counter protesters, killing one and injuring several others, after which Donald Trump refuses to admit that Nazis are bad. Oliver: "David Duke and the Nazis really seem to like Donald Trump, which is weird because Nazis are a lot like cats. If they like you, it's probably because you're feeding them."
- AND NOW: HIGHLIGHTS FROM ROBOCUP 2017, first without, and then vastly improved by Univision Deportes Commentator Luis Omar Tapia.
- Main Story: North Korea, the most dangerous rogue nation in the world, and its leader Kim Jong Un, whom Donald Trump seems to be personally insulted by, resulting in a dangerous exchange a couple of weeks ago between the two thin-skinned madmen. Last Week Tonight put together a helpful package of information on the country, revealing such facts that the accordion is the country's national instrument, and that video of US television programming, most notably NCIS, is smuggled into North Korea on USB drives. At the end LWT presents a special number by "Weird Al" Yankovich asking North Korea not to nuke us. YouTube (27m) - Metafilter