Hunters: Season One Season 1, Ep 0
Untold numbers of Nazis are living in secret in the the 1970's United States, conspiring to build a Fourth Reich. 19 year-old Jonah Applebaum (Logan Lerman) is drawn into the orbit of Meyer Offerman (Al Pacino) and his secret band of Nazi hunters. Created by David Weil and produced by Jordan Peele. [more inside]
Star Trek: Enterprise: Storm Front Rewatch Season 4, Ep 1
[Season premiere; part 1 of 2] The Enterprise crew mysteriously arrives in an alternate WWII with quite different patterns of force. As it turns out, a hostile alien species is distorting the timeline for their own little killing game. [more inside]
Austrian farmer Franz Jägerstätter refuses to fight in the German army or swear an oath of allegiance to Hitler in WWII. Directed by Terrence Malick, based on a true story. [more inside]
It's 1939, and an unlikely seaside crooner must rescue a aged scientist and his vivacious daughter from the Nazis, before they steal his secret technology for war. It's not Top Secret, it's Night Train to Munich, a 1940 British spy thriller comedy starring Paul Henreid (Casablanca) and Rex Harrison (My Fair Lady). From The Lady Vanishes return top-billed Margaret Lockwood, the screenwriters Sidney Gilliat and Frank Launder, and — most importantly — cricket-brained comic duo Charters and Caldicott (Naunton Wayne and Basil Radford), thus establishing a Charters and Caldicott Cinematic Universe. [more inside]
Dark Money: The Hidden History of the Billionaires Behind the Rise of the Radical Right (2016) is a non-fiction book written by investigative journalist Jane Mayer, about a network of extremely wealthy conservative Republicans, foremost among them Charles and David Koch, who have together funded an array of organizations that work in tandem to influence academic institutions, think tanks, the courts, statehouses, Congress, and the American presidency for their own benefit. Mayer particularly discusses the Koch family and their political activities, along with Richard Mellon Scaife and John M. Olin and the DeVos and Coors families.
A young boy copes with growing up during the last days of Nazi Germany. [more inside]
France, World War II, June 1944. On the eve of D-Day, some American paratroopers fall behind enemy lines after their plane crashes during a mission consisting of destroying a German radio tower in Cielblanc, a small village near the beaches of Normandy. After reaching their target, the surviving paratroopers realize that, in addition to fighting Nazi troops that patrol the village, they also must fight against something else.
ShortsTV presents a theatrical release of the five Oscar nominees for Best Documentary, Short Subject [more inside]
The agents travel to Spain and France in 1943 to ensure the success of Britain's "Operation Mincemeat" during WWII. A Spanish spy captured in Nazi-occupied France is revealed to be an important figure in the Ministry's past and its present. [more inside]
Archer: Danger Island: A Discovery Season 9, Ep 8
Archer and the gang enter a deadly temple in search of an even deadlier treasure. [Season finale, but not the end of the show] [more inside]
Archer helps defend a village from party crashers intent on ruining oysterfest. [more inside]
Elementary: Once You've Ruled Out God Season 6, Ep 2
Watson and her half sister have conflicting reactions when their estranged father dies; Holmes and Watson hunt for a stolen plutonium shipment they fear will be used to make a dirty bomb.
The Department of Time: Cómo se reescribe el tiempo (How time is rewritten) First Watch Season 1, Ep 3
The Ministry sends agents to 1940 after a man being chased by Nazis promises to show Heinrich Himmler how to travel in time if he'll spare his life. Amelia, Julián and Alonso travel to Montserrat. Ernesto and Irene go to Hendaye, where Hitler and Franco negotiate Spain's participation in WWII. [more inside]
The Crown: Vergangenheit Season 2, Ep 6
A secret World War II document opens Elizabeth's eyes to grim realities about a family member. The Duke of Windsor campaigns to re-enter public life.
Star Trek: Voyager: The Killing Game Rewatch Season 4, Ep 18
Holodeck Nazis. …I hate Holodeck Nazis. [more inside]
Last Week Tonight with John Oliver: Nuclear Waste Season 4, Ep 22
It's a little late, but here's LWT from 8/21:
- Steve Bannon loses his (official) position as Chief Strategist in Trump's White House, but the White Nationalist In Chief remains, and made more horrible remarks about the protests in Charlottesville. Two business councils advising the White House disbanded following the news as CEOs abandoned the President.
- And Now: Local News Answers The Question: "Should You Stare At The Sun?"
- Main story: Nuclear waste, and the United States' long-standing problems in properly disposing of it. YouTube (18m)
- And Now: Some Of The Actual Responses From Potential Jurors Excused From The Martin Shkreli Trial (see inside for a list)
Last Week Tonight with John Oliver: North Korea Season 4, Ep 21
- Violence in Charlottesville, where a Neo-Nazi drove a car into a group of counter protesters, killing one and injuring several others, after which Donald Trump refuses to admit that Nazis are bad. Oliver: "David Duke and the Nazis really seem to like Donald Trump, which is weird because Nazis are a lot like cats. If they like you, it's probably because you're feeding them."
- AND NOW: HIGHLIGHTS FROM ROBOCUP 2017, first without, and then vastly improved by Univision Deportes Commentator Luis Omar Tapia.
- Main Story: North Korea, the most dangerous rogue nation in the world, and its leader Kim Jong Un, whom Donald Trump seems to be personally insulted by, resulting in a dangerous exchange a couple of weeks ago between the two thin-skinned madmen. Last Week Tonight put together a helpful package of information on the country, revealing such facts that the accordion is the country's national instrument, and that video of US television programming, most notably NCIS, is smuggled into North Korea on USB drives. At the end LWT presents a special number by "Weird Al" Yankovich asking North Korea not to nuke us. YouTube (27m) - Metafilter