9 posts tagged with williamshatner.
Displaying 1 through 9 of 9. Subscribe:
Columbo: Fade in to Murder Season 6, Ep 1
Columbo investigates the death of a TV producer and immediately gets the attention of actor and murderer Ward Fowler (William Shatner), who plays a detective on TV. Fowler immediately sees through Columbo's aw-shucks act ("Why don't we stop pretending that I'm brilliant and you're simple for one moment?") and is among the least visibly rattled of Columbo's opponents. Episode is currently free to stream in the US via Amazon's Freevee (formerly IMDbTV), as is Columbo in general.
Movie: Star Trek: Generations
A space anomaly appears to kill Captain James T. Kirk. But 78 years later, he emerges from the anomaly alongside Captain Jean-Luc Picard—onto his last battlefield. [more inside]
Movie: Star Trek V: The Final Frontier
Captain Kirk and his crew must deal with Mr. Spock's long-lost half-brother who hijacks the Enterprise for an obsessive search for God at the center of the galaxy. [more inside]
Movie: A Christmas Horror Story
Christmas is supposed to be a time of joy, peace and goodwill. But for some folks in the small town of Bailey Downs, it turns into something much darker. [more inside]
Movie: Miss Congeniality
An F.B.I. agent must go undercover in the Miss United States beauty pageant to prevent a known terrorist from bombing the event. There's a lot of falling down in high heels. [more inside]
Last Week Tonight with John Oliver: Guardianship for the Elderly Season 5, Ep 13
- The summit with North Korea is called off. North Korea sends Trump a message in an oversized envelope. Trump calls the summit back on. Trump admits he hadn't read the contents of the envelope. Leader of the greatest nation in the world, folks.
- Russian journalist Arkady Babchenko is declared to be dead on worldwide news, but then discovered to be alive, his faked death an element in a sting to catch a group of Russian assassins.
- In the UK, the chairman of the British Monarchists Society, one "Thomas J. Mace-Archer-Mills, Esq.," a fixture on TV during the royal wedding, is revealed to actually to have been born and lived to his teens in the US, and even got an unrelated elderly British couple to call themselves his grandparents.
- And Now: The Very British Put-Downs of Speaker of the House of Commons John Bercow.
- Main story: Legal guardianship, a state under which senior citizens can be put where they have limited rights, and can find it difficult to get out of.
Movie: Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home
Earth is threatened by a mysterious deep space voyager. To save the home planet of the Federation, the exiled James T. Kirk and his crew must boldly go to the year 1986 on a desperate mission. [more inside]
Movie: Star Trek III: The Search for Spock
On the dying Genesis planet, an incredible discovery awaits James T. Kirk, who must steal the U.S.S. Enterprise—only to face terrible sacrifice and an implacable foe. [more inside]
Movie: Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
Back in command of the Enterprise, Admiral James T. Kirk meets an old flame and an old foe. Meanwhile, he wrestles with his own aging when confronted by a next generation: a brash new Vulcan lieutenant, and the son he never knew he had. [more inside]