An F.B.I. agent must go undercover in the Miss United States beauty pageant to prevent a known terrorist from bombing the event. There's a lot of falling down in high heels. [more inside]
Last Week Tonight with John Oliver: Guardianship for the Elderly Season 5, Ep 13
- The summit with North Korea is called off. North Korea sends Trump a message in an oversized envelope. Trump calls the summit back on. Trump admits he hadn't read the contents of the envelope. Leader of the greatest nation in the world, folks.
- Russian journalist Arkady Babchenko is declared to be dead on worldwide news, but then discovered to be alive, his faked death an element in a sting to catch a group of Russian assassins.
- In the UK, the chairman of the British Monarchists Society, one "Thomas J. Mace-Archer-Mills, Esq.," a fixture on TV during the royal wedding, is revealed to actually to have been born and lived to his teens in the US, and even got an unrelated elderly British couple to call themselves his grandparents.
- And Now: The Very British Put-Downs of Speaker of the House of Commons John Bercow.
- Main story: Legal guardianship, a state under which senior citizens can be put where they have limited rights, and can find it difficult to get out of.
Earth is threatened by a mysterious deep space voyager. To save the home planet of the Federation, the exiled James T. Kirk and his crew must boldly go to the year 1986 on a desperate mission. [more inside]
On the dying Genesis planet, an incredible discovery awaits James T. Kirk, who must steal the U.S.S. Enterprise—only to face terrible sacrifice and an implacable foe. [more inside]
Back in command of the Enterprise, Admiral James T. Kirk meets an old flame and an old foe. Meanwhile, he wrestles with his own aging when confronted by a next generation: a brash new Vulcan lieutenant, and the son he never knew he had. [more inside]