Fall 2018 Anime Season
September 9, 2018 12:26 PM - Subscribe

Time for another season of new shows for the upcoming Fall season.

New anichart is up with some interesting series.
posted by chrono_rabbit (7 comments total) 3 users marked this as a favorite

My pickups for the season:

DOUBLE DECKER! Doug & Kirill
Hora, Mimi ga Mieteru yo!
Tsurune: Kazemai Koukou Kyuudou-bu
Jingai-san no Yome

I just love cats.
posted by chrono_rabbit at 12:29 PM on September 9 [2 favorites]

I was very disappointed in the Summer season.

But! A new season of Thunderbolt Fantasy is coming! Insane costumes! Characters with personality disorders! Ridiculous fighting! Non-moving lips! Names like Screaming Phoenix Killer! Tons of style and lovely dry humor.

Hope it winds up on a service that I subscribe to, which would be Crunchy or Amazon.
posted by Slithy_Tove at 11:56 AM on September 17

Wow I've never heard of Thunderbolt Fantasy and it looks really wild. What an interesting style.
posted by Mr.Encyclopedia at 4:43 PM on September 17

I can't recommend Thunderbolt Fantasy highly enough. There's a 12-episode TV series and a feature length movie. Watch the first season series before anything else, because the movie presumes familiarity with characters from the series.
posted by ardgedee at 5:29 PM on September 17

The summer season had a few high points. Cells At Work was really out there. Isekai Izekaya was a well-produced good food-oriented series. There were a lot of shows my eyes just glazed over, but that's normal; I don't have a lot of patience for most standard anime settings involving high school romances or other-world power fantasies.
posted by ardgedee at 5:33 PM on September 17

Cells at Work has been a lot of fun, and Banana Fish has already ripped my heart out and stomped on it multiple times. Other than that, most of what's been good this summer for me--I mean, I'm still watching Harukana Receive, but I will not try to argue anything about it being GOOD--has been continuing stuff, so My Hero Academia and Working Buddies.

Getting into fall, I feel like I've got a lot of things I want to look at provisionally but I'm not sure what I expect of them? Two boys' sports shows--I'm skipping the sumo--and a few shows about cute girls that I don't actually expect to be good but apparently I am trash for anything with lesbian implications, and Bloom Into You which is actual yuri and looks super sweet so we'll see how it goes. But it won't surprise me if I drop 3/4 of this stuff after a few episodes? It's hard to believe Banana Fish still has another cour to go, so I'm sure that's going to be amazing and miserable. I don't think on the whole that I'm going to be bored or anything.
posted by Sequence at 9:46 AM on September 18

I'm very excited for Double Decker. The cat joke in the first episode won me over--I knew what they were going to do, and then they did it and I laughed.
posted by betweenthebars at 12:56 PM on September 18

« Older The Flash TV - Inhumane prison...   |  Series Posts vs Individual Epi... Newer »

You are not logged in, either login or create an account to post comments