Star Wars Rebels: Call to Action
February 10, 2015 9:57 AM - Season 1, Episode 12 - Subscribe
Grand Moff Tarkin guest stars as an example of the Empire's competent and ruthless branch of might and terror in this week's episode of Rebels! Dismayed at the inability of the local Imperial forces to stop the rebel band, Tarkin takes personal control over operations and lays a trap for the crew of the Ghost. Meanwhile, absent knowledge of the new threat, Kanan proposes an attack on an Imperial broadcasting tower with the purpose of sending their own message of hope to the galaxy in the wake of Senator Trayvis' betrayal.
- The voice of Tarkin is played by Stephen Stanton, who also did the voice for the Clone Wars.
- Tarkin's battlefield armor is based on the armor worn by General Veers in Empire.
- Alton Kastle, a media personality for the Empire wearing an Imperial uniform with media insignia, has made his first appearance on Rebels, wherein previously he was referenced in young adult Star Wars novels.
- The computer spikes used in the show go back to the RPG game of the early 1990s and were also featured in Knights of the Old Republic game.
- The gun placements outside the tower have the same seat and firing array as a TIE fighter.
- The transporter is a makeover of a Republic police transport from Clone Wars.