Supernatural: Book of the Damned
April 18, 2015 4:56 AM - Season 10, Episode 18 - Subscribe

Charlie returns with some potentially good news for Dean. Sam and Dean are increasingly at odds about how to deal with the Mark of Cain.

Charlie has managed to find the Book of the Damned, but not without some trouble on her tail. Dean can sense the book's evil power, but despite this Sam wants to use the Book to remove the Mark. Sam becomes increasingly desperate to do whatever it takes to save his brother.
posted by cfoxhi (6 comments total)

"Behind Blue Eyes" was the best use of music since "Hey There Lonely Girl" in Reichenbach.
posted by cfoxhi at 4:59 AM on April 18, 2015 [4 favorites]

Let the SHITSTORM OF LYING begin!!

I was very happy to see Cas and Charlie meet.
posted by tomboko at 2:29 PM on April 18, 2015 [1 favorite]

It wouldn't be Supernatural without a secret being out there between the brothers. I appreciated how they connected the evil clan dude's behavior with what actually happened.

Rowena, though? How'd Sam even get in contact with her? Not sure how I feel about that turn.

Castiel....back to 100% full angel. Awesome, though what's with his feathers falling apart on his shadow wings?

I thought this was a much better turn for Charlie after the last episode. That one with the evil Charlie was just...not quite that good. The fact that as a woman on Supernatural and she isn't dead yet....bravo!
posted by Atreides at 5:42 PM on April 19, 2015 [1 favorite]

I was kind of surprised they dispatched the Stein guy so fast. Something about him was making me think he was going to be a problem for a while. I was also a little surprised Sam went to Rowena instead of Crowley. Crowley is basically a frenemy and will usually help the boys with this stuff so long as he can at least pretend he's doing it purely out of self-interest, but Rowena is just totally untrustworthy.

This season seems to be perking along pretty well. It's not kicking ass quite like the old days, but it's still rather surprisingly fun for a show that's been on the air for 10 freaking years.

I'm not a fan of the whole Wincest thing at all, but when they did the shot of Dean looking longingly at the book, panning up to a flustered-looking Sam, all I could think was, "Man, in a couple of hours a few thousand teenage girls are totally gonna be editing this clip into their D&S 4EVA Youtube videos."

The fact that as a woman on Supernatural and she isn't dead yet....bravo!

Don't forget the lady sheriffs, whose names unfortunately escape me and I'm too lazy to look up! I suspect (and hope) we'll see them both again.
posted by Ursula Hitler at 8:54 PM on April 19, 2015 [1 favorite]

Yeah I can't believe it took them 10 seasons to use "Behind Blue Eyes," but it was such a perfect use.
posted by rhiannonstone at 12:03 AM on April 21, 2015

I am hoping Jacob Styne isn't really dead somehow. He was quite menacing.
posted by cfoxhi at 1:32 AM on April 24, 2015

« Older Grimm: Mishipeshu...   |  Murder, She Wrote: No Accounti... Newer »

You are not logged in, either login or create an account to post comments

poster