Star Wars Rebels: A Princess of Lothal
January 21, 2016 6:28 AM - Season 2, Episode 10 - Subscribe
Rebels returns for the back half of its second season with a princess from Alderaan sent to Lothal to deliver much needed supplies and aid to the rebel movement.
- The outfit young Princess Leia wears in the episode is based on an early Ralph McQuarrie concept art of Leia created for the original Star Wars.
- The clasp holding Leia's hair together is based on shapes seen on Bail Organa's wardrobe in Revenge of the Sith.
- The gravity lock is essentially a portable tractor beam that anchors a starship in place.
- The Hammerhead Corvettes seen in the episode were inspired by designs seen in Knights of the Old Republic video game.
- Leia's participation in the episode is what would later constitute an alleged "mercy mission" in the eyes of Darth Vader, referenced in Star Wars.