Space Force: Season 1 - all episodes Season 1, Ep 0
A four-star general begrudgingly teams up with an eccentric scientist to get the U.S. military's newest agency — Space Force — ready for lift-off. Starring: Steve Carell, John Malkovich, Ben Schwartz. Creators: Steve Carell, Greg Daniels. (Netflix) [more inside]
Last Week Tonight with John Oliver: Guardianship for the Elderly Season 5, Ep 13
- The summit with North Korea is called off. North Korea sends Trump a message in an oversized envelope. Trump calls the summit back on. Trump admits he hadn't read the contents of the envelope. Leader of the greatest nation in the world, folks.
- Russian journalist Arkady Babchenko is declared to be dead on worldwide news, but then discovered to be alive, his faked death an element in a sting to catch a group of Russian assassins.
- In the UK, the chairman of the British Monarchists Society, one "Thomas J. Mace-Archer-Mills, Esq.," a fixture on TV during the royal wedding, is revealed to actually to have been born and lived to his teens in the US, and even got an unrelated elderly British couple to call themselves his grandparents.
- And Now: The Very British Put-Downs of Speaker of the House of Commons John Bercow.
- Main story: Legal guardianship, a state under which senior citizens can be put where they have limited rights, and can find it difficult to get out of.
An aspiring director and the marginally talented amateur cast of a hokey small-town Missouri musical production go overboard when they learn that someone from Broadway will be in attendance. [more inside]
Dusty (Dane Cook), the famous racing airplane, learns that his engine is damaged, so he must shift gears and find a new career. He joins an elite corps of firefighting aircraft devoted to protecting historic Piston Peak National Park. When a massive wildfire threatens the park, Dusty -- with the help of his fearless colleagues Blade Ranger (Ed Harris), Lil' Dipper (Julie Bowen), Windlifter (Wes Studi), Cabbie (Dale Dye) and the Smokejumpers (Regina King, Danny Pardo, Bryan Callen, Corri English) -- learns what it takes to become a real hero. [more inside]
Spinal Tap, one of England's loudest bands, is chronicled by film director Marty DeBergi on what proves to be a fateful tour. [more inside]
Three teens discover that their neighbor's house is really a living, breathing, scary monster. [more inside]