Sasquatch: Sasquatch Season 1, Ep 0
In 1993, now-journalist David Holthouse, while working at a cannabis farm in Mendocino County, two men told the story of seeing the aftermath of three farmworkers killed by a Sasquatch. Decades later he decides to investigate the truth of the story. Guardian Review: What begins as an inspection of Bigfoot as a sociological phenomenon leads (Joshua ) Rofé and his partner-in-true-crime, journalist David Holthouse, to a 1993 triple homicide said by locals to be the handiwork of the infamous ape-creature. But there’s a far darker truth buried deep beneath the legend. On Hulu.
Full Frontal with Samantha Bee: April 18, 2018 Season 3, Ep 6
If Big Bang Theory were about pot, but with Kathy Bates, fake ads, animation, and PTSD. [more inside]
Last Week Tonight with John Oliver: Marijuana Legalization Season 4, Ep 7
So what happened last week?
- The Trump/Putin scandal continues, which the show has dubbed Stupid Watergate, because "it has all the potential consequences of Watergate, but everyone involved is really stupid." This week time it was Devin Nunez, whose claims of wiretapping Trump officials unraveled. Nunez himself was one of those alleged to have been wiretapped, a conflict of interest for an investigator.
- British PM Theresa May invokes Article 50, beginning the process of leaving the European Union.
- And Now: Yet Another Look at the Awkward Sex Talk on CBS This Morning.
- Main Story: Marijuana legalization, or rather, how its differing legality at state and national levels causes grave problems for businesses and users alike. YouTube (17m)
- And Now: Twenty-Seven Seconds of the Breakfast Foreplay That Is CBS This Morning.
- Finally, more of the Bolivian Traffic Zebras, who responded graciously to John Oliver's gushing about them in the previous episode.
Longmire: The Cancer Season 1, Ep 4
A double homicide sets off a chain reaction investigation that involves pot dealers, smugglers, Mexican Cartels, Tribal Police, County Deputies and Forest Rangers. [more inside]
The episode is a flashback from a tough checkpoint agent who never let anyone sneak through, on his last day of work. Mugen, Jin, and Fuu need to cross a border so they purchase travel passes since they don't have any. When their passes turn out to be fake, the trio are sentenced to death by the head of the checkpoint, a sadistic man who has family connections that keep him from being disciplined for his brutal actions. However, the guards offer Mugen a chance to save his friends. If he can deliver an object through a forest full of bandits and return before sunset, Jin and Fuu will be spared. Mugen runs afoul of the bandits, who have big plans for a revolution. [more inside]
Mad Men: The Monolith Season 7, Ep 4
Sterling Cooper & Partners prepares for a guest. Don calls an old friend. Roger confronts problems at home. Pete underestimates Peggy. [more inside]