Lodge 49: Zugzwang Season 2, Ep 8
Ernie and Dud meet a legend, who inspires them look deep within and embrace the zugzwang. Liz gets a promotion and Scott goes for a walk. [more inside]
Lodge 49: Exile Season 2, Ep 7
Ernie sees someone from his past, hits rock bottom, and gets lucky. Liz goes to the mat for her employees, and is offered an opportunity. Connie is done being haunted by the end. Scott is released from his duty, and takes a drastic turn. Dud resumes his apprenticeship with Blaise. "I'll sleep when I wake up."
- Trump tries to spin his terrible debate performance by citing terrible, exploitable online polls, and his thin skin somehow gets even thinner, as he casts aspersions on a former Miss USA winner by, well.... Oliver: "That is a candidate for President of the United States urging America to check out a sex tape. Just do me a favor. Look up into the sky right now. Higher. No, higher still. Do you see that? Way up there? Way up above the clouds? That's rock bottom. And we are currently way down here."
- And Now: Newscasters Quoting Movies
- Main Story: Police accountability, or rather its lack, as it turns out that police who use deadly force practically never get called on account for it, due to a variety of increasly infuriating reasons. YouTube (20m)
- And Now: Newscasters Quoting Movies, All Christ Matthews Edition
- More on Wells Fargo, how the company retaliated against whistleblowers who called an internal ethics hotline to warn of wrong-doing. It turns out that the case for ethics had been made by a training video that Wells Fargo themselves had commissioned. The host of that video, it turns out, now works as a writer for Last Week Tonight! He stars in an update for that video. YouTube (4m)