10 posts tagged with russellcrowe.
Displaying 1 through 10 of 10. Subscribe:
Movie: The Pope's Exorcist
Gabriele Amorth (Russell Crowe), the Vatican's leading exorcist investigates the possession of a child and uncovers a conspiracy the Vatican has tried to keep secret. [more inside]
[TRAILER] Commodus (Joaquin Phoenix) takes power and strips rank from Maximus (Russell Crowe), one of the favored generals of his predecessor and father, Emperor Marcus Aurelius, the great stoical philosopher. Maximus is then relegated to fighting to the death in the gladiator arenas. [more inside]
Movie: A Beautiful Mind
John Nash is a brilliant but asocial mathematician fighting schizophrenia. After he accepts secret work in cryptography, his life takes a turn for the nightmarish. [more inside]
Movie: American Gangster
Harlem drug dealer Frank Lucas rises to power in corrupt 1970s New York, equalling and surpassing the notorious Mafia families with the reach of his empire. On the other side of the law, honest cop Richie Roberts dedicates himself to taking down `the most dangerous man walking the streets'. Lucas acts with impunity, smuggling heroin into the US in the coffins of American soldiers killed in Vietnam. Based on a true story.
Last Week Tonight with John Oliver: Corporate Taxes Season 5, Ep 8
- The Comey interview, which happened after LWT taped.
- The FBI raids Michael Cohen's office, home and hotel room. And a bunch of other stuff happened as well.
- And Now: Ari Melber, Rap Genius
- Main story: Corporate Taxes, the lengths that companies go to in order to avoid them, and how they stand to profit under Trump's budget.
- And Now: Ari Melber, Rap Genius, Volume Two: Just Jay-Z Quotes
- There are two remaining Blockbuster Video locations remaining in the United States, last remnants of a vast empire, and one of them is in Alaska. Last Week Tonight bought Russell Crowe's leather jockstrap from the movie Cinderella Man at auction, among a lot of other stuff. How do these two facts concide? Well, let's just say the store should get in touch with LWT within the 48 hours after airing.
Movie: L.A. Confidential
As corruption grows in 1950s LA, three policemen - one strait-laced, one brutal, and one sleazy - investigate a series of murders with their own brand of justice. [more inside]
Movie: The Nice Guys
In 1970s Los Angeles, a private eye (Ryan Gosling) and muscle-for-hire (Russell Crowe) are pulled into the aftermath from a fading porn star's apparent suicide and uncover a conspiracy, in the neo-noir/action/buddy comedy from Shane Black (who previously wrote and directed Kiss Kiss Bang Bang).
Saturday Night Live: Russell Crowe / Margo Price Season 41, Ep 17
Russell Crowe shows the world why he doesn't do more comedies. [more inside]
Movie: The Insider
Michael Mann party! [more inside]
The Insider, dir. Michael Mann, 1999
Sometime next weekend (August 16 or 17), I will be raving on FanFare about Michael Mann's "The Insider," which was released 15 years ago this autumn. [more inside]