Last Week Tonight with John Oliver: State Attorneys General Season 5, Ep 27
- Violence marred the prior week, and Fox News went out of their way to position the attacks as "false flag" operations, supposedly stages by Democrats to make Republicans look bad. Geraldo Riviera "outsmarts himself" in making such allegations.
- Saudi Arabia continues to try to explain the disappearance, likely murder, of Washington Post journalist Jamal Khashoggi, while President Trump and right-wing figures try to downplay the killing of an American resident.
- Main story: the role of state Attorneys General on our nation, their role in investigating wrongdoing, and the increasing degree to which the offices have become politicized. YouTube
- Special productions: A WWE commercial that properly notes the fact that it takes place in Saudi Arabia, and the problems that causes; a concert for bagpipes, accordion, theremin and recorder (multiple, played by young children) to annoy people to stepping away from their TV sets and actually researching their states' candidates for Attorney General. A good place to do that, they note, is at Vote411.org.
Last Week Tonight with John Oliver: Puerto Rico Season 3, Ep 10
- Obama visits Saudi Arabia, but is snubbed when he's greeted at the airport by a governor, not the king.
- Obama visits the UK, and is met by the Queen, driven by a 94-year-old prince, and his hand shaken by the adorable child Prince George.
- Norway reacts to Syrian migrants by tightening the borders.
- And Now: Everyone Likes Mispronouncing "Target"
- Main story: Puerto Rico (21m), and it's $70 billion debt crisis.
- Hamilton creator Lin-Manuel Miranda sings in behalf of his native Puerto Rico.